Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles Rock Band

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,920 ✭✭✭✭Basq

calex71 wrote: »
    BEEP BEEP , BEEP BEEP Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! sold on the strength of that one song!!!!!!!!! :D
    I'm afraid Hugo Boss and Sienna Miller have ruined that song for me! :(

Come Together looked and sounded great though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

basquille wrote: »
    I'm afraid Hugo Boss and Sienna Miller have ruined that song for me! :(

I've erased all memory of that :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Maybe you'd heard this, maybe they're all in the video, but here's the where the last 19 songs to be announced are taking place. Not big news, but I'm sure some of you want to know every little detail...

* “Boys” / Cavern Club
    * “A Hard Day’s Night” / Ed Sullivan Theater
    * “I’m Looking Through You” / Shea Stadium
    * “If I Needed Someone” / Shea Stadium
    * “Ticket to Ride” / Shea Stadium
    * “Drive My Car” / Budokan
    * “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “Getting Better” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “Good Morning” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “Hello, Goodbye” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “Hey Bulldog” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “Dear Prudence” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “Helter Skelter” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “Something” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “Come Together” / Abbey Road Dreamscape
    * “Don’t Let Me Down” / Rooftop Concert
    * “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” / Rooftop Concert
    * “I Me Mine” / Rooftop Concert
    * "If I needed Someone"/Shea Stadium

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/harmonix-reveal-19-more-beatles-rock-band-tracks-144730.phtml

And here's a juicy story about how Yoko Ono nearly made the Beatles GAME break up
    http://www.destructoid.com/yoko-ono-could-have-broken-up-the-beatles-rock-band-144049.phtml

DLC goodness

Taken straight from the Rock Band announcement forum, Harmonix today revealed the following:

Speaking at Gamescom 2009, Alex Rigopulos, CEO and cofounder of Harmonix, today confirmed release details for the three Beatles albums that will be available for purchase as downloadable content in The Beatles™: Rock Band™ Music Store by the end of this year. Abbey Road will be released on October 20, 2009, followed by the release of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band in November and Rubber Soul in December.

Additionally, Rigopulos revealed that tracks from Queen, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Elton John, Iggy Pop, The White Stripes, Pantera, Talking Heads, Korn, The Raconteurs and more will be among the artists coming to the various offerings across the Rock Band™ platform. With over 800 songs available to date via the Rock Band catalog and 1000 by end of 2009.

Details for downloadable albums coming to The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store are as follows:

Abbey Road (1969)
    Release Date: October 20, 2009
    Pricing:1360 Microsoft Points or160 Microsoft Points for individual tracks
    • “Come Together”
    • “Something”
    • “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
    • “Oh! Darling”
    • “Octopus’s Garden”
    • “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)”
    • “Here Comes The Sun”
    • “Because”
    • “You Never Give Me Your Money”
    • “Sun King”
    • “Mean Mr. Mustard”
    • “Polythene Pam”
    • “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
    • “Golden Slumbers”
    • “Carry That Weight”
    • “The End”
    • “Her Majesty”

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967)
    Release Date: November 2009
    • “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”
    • “With A Little Help From My Friends”
    • “Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds”
    • “Getting Better”
    • “Fixing A Hole”
    • “She’s Leaving Home”
    • “Being For The Benefit of Mr Kite”
    • “Within You Without You
    • “When I’m Sixty Four”
    • “Lovely Rita”
    • “Good Morning Good Morning”
    • “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)”
    • “A Day In The Life”

Rubber Soul (1965)
    Release Date: December 2009
    • “Drive My Car”
    • “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)”
    • “You Won’t See Me”
    • “Nowhere Man”
    • “Think For Yourself”
    • “The Word”
    • “Michelle”
    • “What Goes On”
    • “Girl”
    • “I’m Looking Through You”
    • “In My Life”
    • “Wait”
    • “If I Needed Someone”
    • “Run For Your Life”

As previously announced, “All You Need Is Love” will be released Sept.9, 2009 for the standard Rock Band DLC pricing 160 Microsoft Points, exclusively through Xbox LIVE for a limited time as a downloadable song for The Beatles: Rock Band.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Additionally, Rigopulos revealed that tracks from Queen, Nirvana, Tom Petty, Elton John, Iggy Pop, The White Stripes, Pantera, Talking Heads, Korn, The Raconteurs and more will be among the artists coming to the various offerings across the Rock Band™ platform. With over 800 songs available to date via the Rock Band catalog and 1000 by end of 2009.

Best news in this thread so far :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,920 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ooohh.. Tom Petty.. me likely!

I'm pretty sure the guy from the white stripes only recently said he thought that bands who use rock band to get to a new audience are sad, and that the people who play it are worse... Irony.

http://www.toys.ie/THE-BEATLES-ROCKBAND-LIMITED-EDITION-X360-!G11255-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=76a36ae1-eec7-4b10-ba1d-3e031f030496

Smyths have the band in a box set as €199. Cant see it being this price TBH especially because the RRP in the U.K is £179. (Around €240 id say it will retail at)

Id say the price will change closer to the release date or maybe you just get the instruments in this set and the games not included??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Sgt. Pepper full album DLC and 16 minute medley :eek:

http://www.toys.ie/THE-BEATLES-ROCKBAND-LIMITED-EDITION-X360-!G11255-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=76a36ae1-eec7-4b10-ba1d-3e031f030496

Smyths have the band in a box set as €199. Cant see it being this price TBH especially because the RRP in the U.K is £179. (Around €240 id say it will retail at)

Id say the price will change closer to the release date or maybe you just get the instruments in this set and the games not included??

In terms of the instruments this is where this game looks like am epic rip off
    bundles ive seen either have the ****ty bass or the old instruments and a mic stand thrown in

Then the posh new guitars going for €110 a piece :mad:

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/9663232/Rock-Band-The-Beatles-Limited-Edition-Premium-Bundle/Product.html
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/10171032/Rock-Band-The-Beatles-Wireless-Gretsch-Duo-Jet-Guitar-Controller/Product.html
    http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/11104301/Rock-Band-The-Beatles-Value-Edition/Product.html
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

In terms of the instruments this is where this game looks like am epic rip off
    bundles ive seen either have the ****ty bass or the old instruments and a mic stand thrown in

Then the posh new guitars going for €110 a piece :mad:

Completely agree

I was going to get the set if you got to choose one of the guitars with it but you cant.

I have Rock band 1 instruments so I'm going to just stick with those for this game.

The bass is the only one I want.

Then you'll have to buy the whole set because you cant buy the bass separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,771 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

pre-ordered from HMV in Liffey Valley for €44.99 supposed to be 3 free downloadable songs with it but might be only UK applicable, manager wasn't able to advise if this would be available to the irish branches.

Then you'll have to buy the whole set because you cant buy the bass separate.

I just meant out of the guitars.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

I like the George Harrison one myself but there's no way I'm paying €110 for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between The Beatles value pack and the premium pack, one is £110 and the other £180?

Does anyone know if The Beatles Rockband instruments will work without any issues with GH4 & 5?

I'm half thinking about buying the GH5 guitar bundle with the free GH4 game as it seems like a decent deal, as I wasn't that impressed with the GH drums and mic when I had a loan of it last year. But I've heard Rockband is a much better game than GH so I'd nearly stretch to buying the cheaper Beatles instrument bundle if was actually an improvement over GH4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

Nephew wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the difference is between The Beatles value pack and the premium pack, one is £110 and the other £180?

Does anyone know if The Beatles Rockband instruments will work without any issues with GH4 & 5?

Good question and its still up in the air. Different packages in the US & Europe.
    In the US, The Beatles value pack is the RB2 drums, guitar & microphone, The Beatles premuim pack is the Hofner Bass, Ludwig drums, mic & stand.

In Europe, its believed to be the (f*cking crap) RB1 instruments & game in The Beatles value pack. If this is true, I would not pay that kind of money for such hardware. The RB2 instruments have never been launched onto the European market.

If it is the RB1 instruments, save yourself loads of money and buy the current RockBand band pack from Symths or HMV for €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Me too, the Hofner controller looks sweet. I'm not paying €110 for it though!

Mr. K wrote: »
    Me too, the Hofner controller looks sweet. I'm not paying €110 for it though!

The problem with the bass though is that you cant buy it separate. You have to buy The Beatles band in a box set to get it.

I only have the rock band 1 set so I might get The Beatles set. (I've heard the RB 2 drums are a lot better then the RB 1 drums)

• Advertisement

If the Beatles drums had the jacks for extra symbols, and if the guitar had that calibrating blinking light, I'd seriously consider it...

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭xbox gamer

Just to let you all know that you can pre-order Rocband Beatles Premium Pack for £150 on the hmv website. If you have student discount thats another 10% off. It says that it can't be sent overseas but i rang the customer service number on the website and the man at the other end of the phone said that head office ARE shipping the package. I have my order confirmed over the phone and it'll save me about €30 in total.

The nearest price that i have seen is with amazon and its £150 also. Im not too sure if these deliver to ireland.

Anybody know what the delivery is like with HMV, considering im getting it sent by normal post?

They'll send it on the day of release I'd say, so for a package that size, expect to wait about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The Limited Edition on sale in Ireland includes the Hofner Bass, right?

Can the Bass guitars be used as normal guitars?

I had thought the other guitars were also included in the bundle :(, fairly gutted to find out that's not the case. And €110 for each of the other two? ****in' hell. Crazy, crazy money.

Goodshape wrote: »
    The Limited Edition on sale in Ireland includes the Hofner Bass, right?

Can the Bass guitars be used as normal guitars?

I had thought the other guitars were also included in the bundle :(, fairly gutted to find out that's not the case. And €110 for each of the other two? ****in' hell. Crazy, crazy money.

Ye the Hofner comes with the limited edition pack.

and ye you can use the bass as a guitar because it has 5 buttons like all the other guitars.

Cant wait for Wednesday :D

And obvious but rubbish song for the last song :(
    The last song in a game will be ''the end"

Im seeing people in my friends list playing this :mad:
    Means its probably all over the internet by now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

And obvious but rubbish song for the last song :(
    The last song in a game will be ''the end"
    Great song. Perfect for Rock Band as it gives each player a solo before they all come together for, eh, the end.

I'm disappointed Help! isn't on there. First Beatles song I ever heard.

Goodshape wrote: »
    Great song. Perfect for Rock Band as it gives each player a solo before they all come together for, eh, the end.

I'm disappointed Help! isn't on there. First Beatles song I ever heard.

Ye I agree I think its a good song to finish the story mode with.

Help! id say will have to be DLC at some stage. One of their biggest songs.

The games after getting 9/10 on both ign and eurogamer :eek:

Cant wait!!!

• Advertisement

Played "While My Guitar Gently Weeps..." in HMV yesterday, I really want to play this as soon as possible but I won't have the money to buy it on release day :pac:

Advertisement