Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles Rock Band

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

this looks amazing it,s unfortunate i'm gonna have to buy the old band in the box and the game. i just cant afford the beatles set, but they look so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Defo picking this up,how does the GHWT drums work with rockband?

you should get some idea from here:
    http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/11/official-guitar/

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

this looks amazing it,s unfortunate i'm gonna have to buy the old band in the box and the game. i just cant afford the beatles set, but they look so good!

I on the other hand have cash flowing out of my ears, but am reluctant to buy another entire set of instruments... Mainly because my mother would kill me, and it's a bit sad that that's still an issue for me at the age of 20!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I've played and finished this in 4 hours on expert guitar.

The good: the abbey road dream scapes

I never thought i'd hear myself say this ..... I'm going back to guitar hero 5 :eek:

Ok ok im not a big beatles fan but am a hugh RB fan, as expected there is no challenge in this for expert players, the songs are enjoyable but my god the roof top abbey road set was torture for me to play as for me they are the least known of the beatles songs and i was bored ****less. The charts are fine they fit the songs a little too perfectly and as such theres no variety really but thats not the fault of the dev's it's the songs , (I'm not saying the songs are bad just not lending themselves to difficult charting is all)

Reasons for me to go back to it : ACHIEVEMENTS they aint easy to get !!!!!!
    , 2nd to play on drums and play on vocals , i would rather go back to GH5 than play guitar on this again , and I'd only think of myself as average to good on expert guitar but it was so easy it was boring :o As a game theres lots to do re: challenges and the achievement requirements but maybe im not a big enough beatles fan to take it :confused:

I'm sure there are loads who will give it 10/10 but for me it just didnt do it for me,

Edit: on 1st play through on expert guitar i 5* 38 of 43 songs

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I've played and finished this in 4 hours on expert guitar.

The good: the abbey road dream scapes

I never thought i'd hear myself say this ..... I'm going back to guitar hero 5 :eek:

Ok ok im not a big beatles fan but am a hugh RB fan, as expected there is no challenge in this for expert players, the songs are enjoyable but my god the roof top abbey road set was torture for me to play as for me they are the least known of the beatles songs and i was bored ****less. The charts are fine they fit the songs a little too perfectly and as such theres no variety really but thats not the fault of the dev's it's the songs , (I'm not saying the songs are bad just not lending themselves to difficult charting is all)

Reasons for me to go back to it : ACHIEVEMENTS they aint easy to get !!!!!!
    , 2nd to play on drums and play on vocals , i would rather go back to GH5 than play guitar on this again , and I'd only think of myself as average to good on expert guitar but it was so easy it was boring :o As a game theres lots to do re: challenges and the achievement requirements but maybe im not a big enough beatles fan to take it :confused:

I'm sure there are loads who will give it 10/10 but for me it just didnt do it for me,

Edit: on 1st play through on expert guitar i 5* 38 of 43 songs

It did say in the reviews that its only a 9/10 game if your a fan of the Beatles.

I wouldn't buy Guitar Hero:Metallica because I'm not a big Metallica fan.

I'm a big Beatles fan and a casual Rock band player (Meaning I don't really care if a song is too hard or not) so it seems like the perfect game for me :D

It did say in the reviews that its only a 9/10 game if your a fan of the Beatles.

I wouldn't buy Guitar Hero:Metallica because I'm not a big Metallica fan.

I'm a big Beatles fan and a casual Rock band player (Meaning I don't really care if a song is too hard or not) so it seems like the perfect game for me :D

You'll love it then dude !
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

I know they work,but how do they feel.

Does it feel awkward,are you only using the one cymbal/hi hats.

Just anyone who has any experience using them with RB would be greatly appreciated

jackncoke wrote: »
    I know they work,but how do they feel.

Does it feel awkward,are you only using the one cymbal/hi hats.

Just anyone who has any experience using them with RB would be greatly appreciated

In short avoid , unless you are playing on beginner or easy then forget it.

The way the GHWT kit is layed out it just makes even simple things harder.
    If you use the rock band kit however in GH:WT the chart changes to a 4 note one to fit the rock band kit. This is not the case in Rock band 1 & 2 with the world tour kit :mad:

From what I remember when i did use the GH kit in rock band the difficulty was down to unnatural and difficult hopping between the cymbol and the rest of the pads.

I don;t have the GH kit here at the minute so cant check it on the Beatles game for you.

ah crap.... :(

• Advertisement

will there be any difference between wii and xbox versions?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Must... not... make... snide Wii... comment...;)
    I'm almost sure there isn't. I can't find anything about it there anyway.

Wud it be worth to get a cheapo RB drumkit for the beatles rockband instead of using the GHWT drums?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For what its worth, this will be €44.99 (360/PS3) and €39.99 (Wii) in HMV.
    I saw a sign in the window yesterday.

That's probably as low as it will go in a bricks and mortar shop.

anyone know anywhere in town besides smiths i can get the band in a box kit, just wanna be sure they're available tomorrow!!

I'm thinking if im picking up this game and the ghwt drums are asbolute crap with them,

1.I could pick up the band in a box in Smyths (sell the guitar and mic)

2.Just buy the beatles band set.

How much could i realisitically get for a guitar and mic?

jackncoke wrote: »
    I'm thinking if im picking up this game and the ghwt drums are asbolute crap with them,

1.I could pick up the band in a box in Smyths (sell the guitar and mic)

2.Just buy the beatles band set.

How much could i realisitically get for a guitar and mic?

The guitar in the €45 box set is wired, a wireless one is €25 in smyths.

If you find some sucker who knows no better (easily done) you could get 40-50 for it.

I've actually grown fond of mine since i got it a few weeks back and now prefer it to the GH ones :eek: just wished the strum bar clicked and not the frets that help my timing no end on the GH one :D

The mic aint worth squat it's more a deal sweetener as in look sure ill throw this in for free kind of thing. I secretly use mine when nobody else is home to hear the sound of drowning cats :p

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

Anybody know what shop is selling the game cheapest? :pac:

Its 50 euro in argos.

spockpower wrote: »
    Anybody know what shop is selling the game cheapest? :pac:

Its 50 euro in argos.

go back about 5 posts

Gr8 game btw :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I'll probably get this today. It's €55 in Gamestop. I know it's €45 in HMV, but I have to spend the guts of a fiver to get the bus out into town and back so I don't think it's worth the amazing €5 saving. :pac: Gonna trade in RE5 against it to even get a tenner off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Heads up, HMV on Henry Street dont have the game on its own and are under the impression there is no such thing, so I walked next door and picked it up in Gamestop :P

In work now, dieing to get home and play this... I shall cherish my blisterless fingers until then :D

Half way through it on guitar, brilliant so far! Haven't tried drums yet, once I've finished guitar will move onto it. Have to say it's much more enjoyable than any other guitar games so far but may not have much longevity due to the short song list. Thank god for the downloadable albums, can't wait for abbey road!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Having never used a rockband guitar before I have to say I really like it. Picked up the limited edition pack today. Tried the drums for the first time today and realised I've absolutely no sense of coordination :D

Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Sorry not sure whether to ask this here or not... it's more of a console question really but... will any USB mic work with this on the Wii? I just bought the game and guitar separately today, did'nt get the whole set, but would like to get a mic that will work with it for the Wii - any recommendations? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

440Hz wrote: »
    Sorry not sure whether to ask this here or not... it's more of a console question really but... will any USB mic work with this on the Wii? I just bought the game and guitar separately today, did'nt get the whole set, but would like to get a mic that will work with it for the Wii - any recommendations? Cheers

Almost any mic that's not a headset will work, if you find a cheap copy of the game "boogie" you could get it for the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Just finished the career on expert drums. What a ****ing cracker of a game! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

This game is flipping amazing. The menus, videoscapes, songs & backgrounds, photos & extra videos.
    I am smiling when I am playing this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just finished Hard guitar in one sitting. Absolutely superb game. The highlight for me (and the thing that kept me going forward) were the animations between each chapter. Absolutely stunning and very well done.

• Advertisement

i quite liked the recordings from the studio played between the last few stages, quick chats and different versions of the songs etc...

Advertisement