Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles Rock Band

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I'm trying to get all the photos, doing expert drums. Can't Buy Me Love and Boys are fairly tricky on drums so I'll try and get those down tomorrow. Getting 100% on Helter Skelter is gonna be a challenge and a half alright! I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS! :D

Yeah have to agree with everyone that the game is BRILLIANT. Completed the story mode on drums and guitar (got the game yesterday). Ill get stuck into bass tonight. I'm not the best rock band player so I only completed them on hard but am definitely going to play through it again on expert just because I'm having so much fun playing through the story mode.

The dreamscapes are amazing. I was playing "I am the walrus" and nearly failed the song because I kept looking at the dream scape in the background lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

The dreamscapes are amazing. I was playing "I am the walrus" and nearly failed the song because I kept looking at the dream scape in the background lol.

kept doing the same!

is it me or is medium a lot easier than the medium on GH? Finished it on hard on guitar yesterday, trying to do drums now but struggling!
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Decided I wont be getting this til around December due to the Teaching practice I'll be doing in college until then. It' s an absolute kick in the sack, but I don't need more distractions than I already have!

What would you say of the difficulty level on guitar or drums is Cedom? Is there anything you found tricky at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I just haven't got the stamina to get 5 stars on I Wanna Be Your Man. I can keep it for about 2 minutes, then I have to stop every so often, which breaks the combo, to give my poor wrists a rest. The only song I have left to 5 star!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Decided I wont be getting this til around December due to the Teaching practice I'll be doing in college until then. It' s an absolute kick in the sack, but I don't need more distractions than I already have!

What would you say of the difficulty level on guitar or drums is Cedom? Is there anything you found tricky at any stage?

I only recently started playing the drums in RB2 and could 5* most stuff early on in the beatles on hard as opposed to looking like animal from the muppits when playing RB2 :D, so i would say it's really easy for the most part, the tough part would be playing for the achievements on expert. They aint kind.

The guitar is the main reason i dont rate this so highly, too easy to keep me interested. As I said earlier not the games fault its just the songs dont lent to difficulty. Going for the achievements / challenges on them is proving tricky though. I developed a habit of using and "insurance strum" on sequences of HOPO's like ill strum 1 in 4 for example so as if i mess up ill get back in quickly. but 3 or 4 of the challenges involves playing all the hopo's in an epxert song without strumming them, and it's proving to be a really frustrating habit to break for me :(

calex71 wrote: »
    I developed a habit of using and "insurance strum" on sequences of HOPO's like ill strum 1 in 4 for example so as if i mess up ill get back in quickly. but 3 or 4 of the challenges involves playing all the hopo's in an epxert song without strumming them, and it's proving to be a really frustrating habit to break for me :(

I too use that method in certain situations, but in things like "Caprici Di Diablo" it's safer to let the HoPo carry you. Let's have a look at these achievements. Hmm they do actually look like fun. That shoud keep me entertained
    in December :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I don't have the game,will be getting it tomorrow or saturday,it's definitely the easiest gh/rb game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Just got it yesterday and spent most of the evening playing.

I, for one, don't find it overly easy :D - but aside from a 30 minute stint at a party recently on GH3, this is the first guitar / rhythm game I've played.

So I've been having fun on easy guitar and easy drums... looking forward to improving on them both. Though I'm doing pretty well on hard difficulty for the singing :D. I know these songs too well.

It's a little annoying when the beats don't seem to follow the song, or when it's obvious to me that I'm only strumming every second or third note -- probably a symptom of playing on easy but it actually throws me off at times. Also a bit strange playing 'guitar' to a piano piece on a couple of tracks. So far this has felt slightly less like playing along with the songs, and more like pressing buttons when I'm told to, than GH3 did when I played that. Again, that'll probably improve as I do. Too much concentration being spent on not ****ing it up at the moment ;)

Really enjoying the singing though :) -- much more than I thought I would.

Bottom line -- couple of things not as good as I had hoped (story mode being another... I'd thought there'd be some story to it, but essentially it's just another way to pick one track at a time. No real difference between that and quickplay as far as I can see)... but I'll be playing this game for a long time, I reckon, and expect my enjoyment will increase as my skill does.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,771 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

anyone pick this up in HMV and get the 3 free download songs voucher? I just bought the game and didn't, asked a guy working there today and he told me it was only for the bigger game sets although I could have sworn if you pre-ordered it you would get the downloads.

• Advertisement

Goodshape wrote: »
    Just got it yesterday and spent most of the evening playing.

I, for one, don't find it overly easy :D - but aside from a 30 minute stint at a party recently on GH3, this is the first guitar / rhythm game I've played.

So I've been having fun on easy guitar and easy drums... looking forward to improving on them both. Though I'm doing pretty well on hard difficulty for the singing :D. I know these songs too well.

It's a little annoying when the beats don't seem to follow the song, or when it's obvious to me that I'm only strumming every second or third note -- probably a symptom of playing on easy but it actually throws me off at times. Also a bit strange playing 'guitar' to a piano piece on a couple of tracks. So far this has felt slightly less like playing along with the songs, and more like pressing buttons when I'm told to, than GH3 did when I played that. Again, that'll probably improve as I do. Too much concentration being spent on not ****ing it up at the moment ;)

Really enjoying the singing though :) -- much more than I thought I would.

Bottom line -- couple of things not as good as I had hoped (story mode being another... I'd thought there'd be some story to it, but essentially it's just another way to pick one track at a time. No real difference between that and quickplay as far as I can see)... but I'll be playing this game for a long time, I reckon, and expect my enjoyment will increase as my skill does.

Once you start playing the guitar and drums on higher difficulties it will feel like your playing the song more.

On easy it will give you a colour to hit every few seconds but obviously when you go to a higher difficulty their will be more to hit so it represents the song better.

Once you start playing the guitar and drums on higher difficulties it will feel like your playing the song more.

On easy it will give you a colour to hit every few seconds but obviously when you go to a higher difficulty their will be more to hit so it represents the song better.
    Yeah, that's what I figured alright. Just not ready for higher difficulties yet -- even on medium it was a struggle (and often a failed attempt) to even finish a song ;)
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Everyone advances at their own rate, I'm sure with a bit of practice you'll be able to take the best of us on! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Well, I just can't stop playing this.

I got the "No One's Frightened of Playing" achievement with a Bass FC of Taxman, good enough for 86th on the global leaderboards :)

Also, currently the 5th highest gamerscore in the game in Ireland with 620 points.

As for my failures... I still haven't 100%'d the drum solo in 'The End'.
    I won't ever FC Helter Skelter on drums... just won't happen, I don't have da skillz. Also, used to think I was a decent-ish singer when it came to games, but the harmonies in this show me up in a big way...

I know the game is easier than most, but the Gold Star cut-offs are sick difficult on some songs, impossible on others!! So, plenty of challenge here and I won't ever get near the 1000 GS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm using the GHWT drums and I'm getting some glitches with the yellow cymbol and snare. Annoying as hell. I'm looking for the 'Walrus' achievement with the drums, and the glitch is making me want to kill the eggmen.

Just pick up the RB instruments, my friend got the RB1 set for 45 euro in smyths last week.

As for Helter Skelter, it seems like one of those songs that isn't difficult but has just enought piss annoying fills thrown in to make FC-ing a mare!

FC = ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I think it's Full Completion or 100% notes hit.

Goodshape wrote: »
    FC = ?

FC is short for Full Combo. Which is hitting 100% of notes on Expert difficulty without overstrumming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Pwezem

Sounds pretty good xD

• Advertisement

FC is short for Full Combo. Which is hitting 100% of notes on Expert difficulty without overstrumming.
    Yeah, Full Combo. In other words, Going through an entire song without breaking (messing up) your combo. Originated in games like DDR (dance dance revo.) where the game would actually tell you you got a full combo at the end of a song. RB has no equivanlent in game mechanism although 5 gold stars means you probably only messed up once or twice.

Sorry, I forgot we have visitors who may be new to the game at the moment. Any more jargon will be explained on the spot.:o

Also, I wouldn't say it's confined to Expert only, I mean you can FC a song on Easy, it's just the only people who care about FC-ing are us sad-os playing on expert ;)

Got over 90% guitar and vocals (at same time) on medium for Lucy in the Sky last night :D:D

Definitely more enjoyable once you figure out where your fingers are going and get off the easy difficulty. But it might be a while before I 'FC' anything ;)

Great game. And, thankfully, my non-Beatles-fanatic flatmates are enjoying the hell out of it too. Hard not to enjoy these songs tbh.

Some glaring omissions in the track list though. HELP!, Strawberry Fields and Hey Jude come to mind. Plenty more I'd love to play. And $16.98 (according to Wiki) for the download content albums is pricey enough :-/. Still hoping there's more coming than the current three they have listed (Abbey Road, Peppers, Rubber Soul).

Well I wouldn't be the biggest Beatles fan, but I know a few people I know were very surprised by the omission of HELP!.

Also congrats on the step up to medium, the leap to hard is the toughest one though, so you have lots to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

This might be a stupid question but...

I'm thinking of buying Guitar Hero 5, lots of great songs on it...but I also love the Beatles on the new Rock Band game. Is it possible to buy Guitar Hero and then use the guitar from that on the Rock Band game??

Is it possible to play the Beatles rock band with only a guitar or do you have to have all peripherals?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

This might be a stupid question but...

I'm thinking of buying Guitar Hero 5, lots of great songs on it...but I also love the Beatles on the new Rock Band game. Is it possible to buy Guitar Hero and then use the guitar from that on the Rock Band game??

Is it possible to play the Beatles rock band with only a guitar or do you have to have all peripherals?

Thanks

guitar will work with both games and 9 out of 10 cats actually prefer the guitar hero ones to the rock band ones , and yes you can use only a guitar no need for the other instruments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Perfect, thanks!

This is exactly what I'm talking about!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

An FC doesn't have to be on Expert.

An FC doesn't have to be on Expert.

I'm not saying it has to in absolute terms, but you post on scorehero... If someone over there says FC, Expert difficulty is implied. Similarly, search for a song name and 'FC' on youtube and tell me how many results you get back where someone isn't playing on Expert!

I would never use the term FC without it meaning Expert, and I'd count myself in the majority there!

• Advertisement

THat's because only people playing on expert care about FCs. But you can still FC a medium song, it's just nothing to gloat about. :)

Advertisement