Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles Rock Band

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Im guessing this is worth getting then :)

What would the price be for the game only?

And where abouts can I get a cheapa** microphone stand, cos I really wanna voxtar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Game is €55 or thereabouts. Go to a music shop and look for a stand, it doesn't have to be made by harmonix does it?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

HMV or gamestop for the gam eon it's own I'd say, and try your local music shop for a cheap mic stand.

Also came across this.
    http://www.buymicstands.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Thanks for the quick replies, will check out the local Music Shop. :)

That MicStands linky had a link for mics for RockBand right on the homepage.. handy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

went back to this for a bit earlier , think I need to get my eyes tested :o

Is it just me or are the charts a little difficult to see clearly ? I find it's no way near as clear as rb2 , especially when you activate overdrive on bass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

calex71 wrote: »
    went back to this for a bit earlier , think I need to get my eyes tested :o

Is it just me or are the charts a little difficult to see clearly ? I find it's no way near as clear as rb2 , especially when you activate overdrive on bass?

Your not the only one. The highway on some songs is nearly the same colour as the frets and especially when beatlemania is activated, the frets just seem to blend in and appear on screen causing me to miss a few notes.

Increase the contrast on your screen and bring down the colour a bit. That might help... Just a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 CAPTIAN CRAZY

were i ireland can i buy the full set ? can't wait to get it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 omlette

My sister won "The Beatles Rock Band" for Xbox. It finally arrived yesterday, and as we feared, she won the disc only and no instruments! :mad: Is it possible to buy the Beatles instruments separately and where might offer the best value on these? Or would the old Rockband instruments be much cheaper but do the same job?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

The old ones will work and will be much cheaper.

Also, the Guitar Hero controls will work for this game too, to the best of my knowledge, and may be cheaper again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 omlette

Goodshape wrote: »
    The old ones will work and will be much cheaper.

Also, the Guitar Hero controls will work for this game too, to the best of my knowledge, and may be cheaper again.

Thanks Goodshape. I just saw "Rockband: Band in a Box" instruments on the Smyths website, on sale for 50euro.

http://www.smyths.ie/Band-in-a-Box-X360-PRICE-REDUCTION-!F00067-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=33306109-389f-4dd2-84be-6d1fd15dec26

Are these Rockband 1 or Rockband 2 instruments? I heard the RB2 instruments are quieter than RB1.

Thanks again for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

The "Band in a box" set contains the RB1 instruments, the RB2 instruments haven't made their way over here yet (apart from the Beatles stuff which are based on the RB2 designs).

That is indeed the RB1 set. They're what most people here are running on I'd say. The drums are loud, either over hit or drop notes, your pedal will not survive more than 3 months, and yet, I still love them. I'm a sucker for pain ;)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That is indeed the RB1 set. They're what most people here are running on I'd say. The drums are loud, either over hit or drop notes, your pedal will not survive more than 3 months, and yet, I still love them. I'm a sucker for pain ;)

The snare is the biggest culprit for drops i find, well on mine being the green pad as im lefty, you're right about the pedal , not a patch on the GH:WT one.

Which is, in itself, not a patch on THE DESTROYER

Yes, you're right, the outside pads are the worst. PROTIP, place your knee under the pad and you get perfect hits everytime. Just extremely incomfy :P

Which is, in itself, not a patch on THE DESTROYER

Yes, you're right, the outside pads are the worst. PROTIP, place your knee under the pad and you get perfect hits everytime. Just extremely incomfy :P

**** thats kind of awkward if your left handed and right footed or vice versa :D

Left handed and right footed? That's odd! Also never knew you were a lefty... cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'm left handed but I learnt to play instuments right-handed for handiness.

interesting... You play real guitar right hand too?

interesting... You play real guitar right hand too?

Yeah. I started with the violin when I was 5/6 years old, I never played any instrument left-handed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

I’ve just completed The Beatles: Rock Band, and it’s got to be the most depressing ending ever. John gets shot :(, Paul gets divorced :rolleyes:, George gets cancer, and Ringo lives.:pac:

Use spoiler tags dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Use spoiler tags dammit!

Too late. :(

Luckly I read Cedom's message first, so this hasn't been ruined for me whatever it is. Put the tags in now!

Yeah. I started with the violin when I was 5/6 years old, I never played any instrument left-handed.

Don't play seriously anymore (real guitar) just do a rockband and play along to songs, feel old now:o

But only restrung my guitar in recent years to proper lefty and had do some retraining lol, before that id been playing lefty strung right handed for the same reason, handiness.

/shakes fist at spoilers :D

To be fair and in a shocking turn of events I played GH5 for a lot longer than the Beatles :eek:

GH5 is solid enough, ok theres the usual issues with them fluffing up the exports and what not, but the challenges they implemented are quite fun and interesting. Got about 50 hours out of it :D Beatles is fun but the fact its all one band i think the songs and game got a lot less attention from me than other RB games :(

B:RB was always going to be that kind of game though, only true beatles fans were ever going to hang around for too long.

This is an important achievement for Harmonix though, because it sets them with a pretty big install base, and hopefully they can build on that.

Is anyone here going to invest on any B:RB DLC?

theres plenty of songs id love to play but cant see me parting with points if it's tied to that game :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭ongarite

Anyone pick up the Abbey Road DLC?
    It was eventually released on PAL PSN yesterday and its pretty pricey for the full album.

You can get the 3 singles for €1.49 each, think that 200 points in MS funny money but the album is €11.25 (1360 MS points)

You can only get the medley by buying the whole album but is it worth that considerable amount of money?

The medley consists of the B-side tracks:
    You Never Give Me Your Money
    Sun King
    Mean Mr. Mustard
    Polythene Pam
    She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
    Golden Slumbers
    Her Majesty

Advertisement