Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga This Weekend : Hertha Berlin v VfL Bochum

• 07-05-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

So, I shall be attending this game on Saturday as part of a weekend away in Berlin.

I'm looking forward to seeing the stadium, and experience the German atmosphere.

Anyone ever been to the Olympiastadion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nope
    but have a good one boss, you will the beer and sausage is quality over there

that sounds bad

but it has to be said

quality sausages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Trilla wrote: »
    sausage is quality over there

:eek:

Yeah, it's not that kind of trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

It's a fantastic stadium, you're in for a treat. Unfortunately it was during the summer when I was there, so I didn't get to see a game. But we just wandered around, you can still see the old Olympic Village in the grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

:eek:

Yeah, it's not that kind of trip

.....yet.....it will change....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Incidently - what a time to be going to watch the Bundesliga!

The most exciting run in to a season in any european country. 5 points between the top 5

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/germany_results/tables/default.stm

Would love to be going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Quality stadium, and tickets are filthy cheap, think it was €14 when I was there, although that was a few years back. The Hertha fans create a great atmosphere and are a very friendly bunch, you should have a crackin' time! :D Keep the 'glass' you get your beer in, you can get a refund for it after the match (stops so much littering, you even get some lads wandering around picking up other peoples).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Essential purchase -

voronin.jpg?t=1241710499

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Pretty sure that Voronin is out of the match - he got a three match ban after a red card a week or two back and I think this will be the third match he misses because of the ban.

Hertha would be favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Hertha will win. My tip for champions months ago :D
    Have a good time in the Olimpiastadion, I was there about two years ago for the Vfb-Nurnburg cup final. It's a great stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hertha will win. My tip for champions months ago :D
    Have a good time in the Olimpiastadion, I was there about two years ago for the Vfb-Nurnburg cup final. It's a great stadium.

best stadium i was ever in.

Berlin is superb but its really really big, can be a pain being locked at 3 in the morning and of the 3 trains to get home only 2 are running.

Nowhere is really central, strange you can actually see the 2 cities in one.

Cmon Bochum , altho i do like berlin after our meeting this season would like them to win the league assuming bochum safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Aye, Berlin is huge, but easy as feck to get around on the trains. Get your weekend travel ticket in the airport for hoppin' on/off the trains & buses.

Have to say, the Bundesliga have the coolest jerseys of all European leagues. Personal favourite, would be Werder Bremen, cool crest too.

ece55772fd22bd5f489aa15c8e54a69b.image.320x320.jpg

Advertisement