Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Manchester City EPL (Sun 10 May 2009) 13.30 Live Sky Sp1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

God United have been very well organised at the back today. City look absolutely clueless as to what to do when they get close to United's box.

All too predictable. They need to mix it up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Soby wrote: »
    Well it worked over 100+ times didnt it!

Aye and statistically he has the most amount of shots in the premiership this season with the worst accuracy according to sky stats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The advertising board to the left of Uniteds goal must say something really insulting about Elano..keeps trying to destroy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Out of interest, whats the story with tackles these days? tackles from the side, winning the ball getting blown up as frees fairly regularly...why? getting frustrating how weak the game is becoming.

Em, he took the player before he got the ball. If you don't get the ball first, its a foul.

Tackles from the side only work if you can get cleanly to the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

ooo close

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I know I say this in every Manchester United match thread, but I won't be happy until we get goal #2.

And we nearly just got it! :eek:

Teva...........

Great effort

What a goal that would've been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Aw, cracking effort from Tevez.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Great passing move there. Let's get something from the corner...

Nope!

• Advertisement

Ireland not having a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Guys, whats the score please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

City are getting overrun here.

redout wrote: »
    Ireland not having a great game.

He just got booked too.
    MIN2511 wrote: »
    Guys, whats the score please?

1-0 to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

An File wrote: »
    1-0 to United.
    woohoo-cheers!

City look really un-interested in this. Can't remember their last attack to be honest.

PHB wrote: »
    Em, he took the player before he got the ball. If you don't get the ball first, its a foul.

Tackles from the side only work if you can get cleanly to the ball.

i mean more in general though, in all matches we seem to be seeing a tackle from the side win the ball first and follow through on the man and still get blown up. Just something i've been noticing increasingly of late

Absolute wankery by Kompany there.

Kompany. What a sham.

• Advertisement

Teveeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!111eleventyone

Goal..........

2 - 0

Teva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Yes yes yes, great strike from Tevez. Fully deserved two nil lead.

Great take from Berbatov but what a finish.

City finished now.

Dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

After me slating blanka today, id a feeling this would happen. More of the same Mr Tevez.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How fupping anemic are City? Do they give a damn? Sack Hughes.

****ing brilliant control by Berba there and class finish from Teva.

Vidic. What a player.

Nemanja Vidic, teaching the world how to tackle since 1981.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Brilliant goal by Tevez.

Game, set, League, United.

City are rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Excellent pass and goal!

Half time. City have nothing it seems to even attempt to get back into it.

United looking good in every department. More of the same to come I predict.

someone should tell the city players that this is a derby !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have officially a man crush on Tevez.

<3

Chong wrote: »
    After me slating blanka today, id a feeling this would happen. More of the same Mr Tevez.
    In fairness, he's only started playing decent football in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Ok, thats it. I've made up my mind.

Fergie, sign him up. £30 million well spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I did find it inflammatory and pretty feckin childish tbh, but to avoid the inevitable accusations of bias I'm not modding this thread. If you'd have done the same in a Liverpool thread there'd be all out war.

Anyway, less than two hours to go and the excitement can begin. I'm expecting us to go all out for a win here.

Thats a pretty sad reflection on this forum though. It was clearly meant in a playful way.

I thought you of all soccer people would realise that. Meh, maybe your right though this forum is full of grown kids.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Read an article in todays paper where he said he wasnt offered a position and after speaking to Fergie he has decided to leave but will remain in the premiure leauge. Whats the reason why he isnt being offered a full position, hes an excellent player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Daysha wrote: »
    Ok, thats it. I've made up my mind.

Fergie, sign him up. £30 million well spent.

i reckon he would be a very good buy, but then i think the fact is that his position in the squad will be the same next year, and he is not happy with that position, and is not all that effective within that position - so i don't know if it should be a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

An File wrote: »
    Nemanja Vidic, teaching the world how to tackle since 1981.

That would make an exellent t-shirt.

Fantastic performance from Tevez, nobody wants to see him leave. Im so happy with got that 2nd goal before half time. Berbatov having a good game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Holsten wrote: »
    City are rubbish today.
    Fixed that there. No shame in being played behind to the best team in the league in their back yard. Obviously a number of our players haven't shown up today. Ireland has had a mare along Elano, and Caicedo is just horrendous. Time to get Boj and Petrov on as we've nothing to lose. At least we're getting a glimpse of how Tevez will look for us next year.

Sky just showed Teva has played 700 mins less than Berba this season.

Thats a huge amount in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Fixed that there. No s.cmd in being played behind to the best team in the league in their back yard. Obviously a number of our players haven't shown up today. Ireland has had a mare along Elano, and Caicedo is just horrendous. Time to get Boj and Petrov on as we've nothing to lose. At least we're getting a glimpse of how Tevez will look for us next year.

Not trying to wind you up, not having a go at Caicedo... I just genuinely forgot he was playing.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

mike65 wrote: »
    How fupping anemic are City? Do they give a damn? Sack Hughes.
    You can't count on them. They've been inconsistent all season. I thought this might happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What a toothless performance from City, even Given is looking poor (of course compared to the high standards he has set himself).

Stupid foul by Fletcher.

from bbc

"'Fergie, Fergie sign him up' is being sung all over Old Trafford. Hasn't Fergie got the hint yet? There are 76,000 fans in this ground who want Tevez to sign for their team. 70,000 United fans and 6,000 City fans!"

agh robinho you pity!

What a miss.

So disheartening, little chance of a way back for City after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Poor Robinho, very poor.

Advertisement