Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Manchester City EPL (Sun 10 May 2009) 13.30 Live Sky Sp1

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

daithijjj wrote: »
    tell that to ronaldo, hes been shakin his head for the 25 mins you are talking about.

eh, who cares? Maybe he's shaking his head as a secret signal to his agent to get the Real officials to draw up papers for him to sign tomorrow. There, extravagant enough for you?

mike65 wrote: »
    City are a disgrace to their supporters.

Utd cannot be caught now.

:confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Liam O wrote: »
    eh, who cares? Maybe he's shaking his head as a secret signal to his agent to get the Real officials to draw up papers for him to sign tomorrow. There, extravagant enough for you?

that will be the jist of the stories in the papers tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

4 points needed from 3 games has a nice ring to it.

City are a disgrace to their supporters.

Much like West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Ronnie, excellent player but such a petulant child sometimes.

He walks off in a sulk and doesnt even applaud the fans coming off.

Much like West Ham.

Was thinking of saying that myself but thought it would open a can of worms ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Berb showed glimpses of his class today. A couple of times I thought he should have tried run into space on the break but he slowed down the tempo of the attack looking for the ball at his feet. Overall I as impressed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Im no lip reader but it looked like Ronaldo said "two nil up something something off, ****in joke"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Good performance from Berbatov I thought. Deserved a goal. Great piece of skill near the end nutmeggting Dunne. And fantastic control as ever from a ball coming over his shoulder before setting up Tevez for the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Congrats to United. Fully deserved after a typical toothless away performan by us. Vidic was the best player on the park. Honourable mentions to Onouha and Dunne for us who were the only ones with a bit of decent fight in them. That's most likely the end of our season now. Disappointing considering our 3 wins on the trot going in to this. Horrible anti climax. Really should've played Vas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Liam O wrote: »

I have no idea what you are blabbering about. Extravagant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

So United need 4 points from three matches against Wigan, Arsenal and Hull..

It all seems manageable, and the team look up for it, unlike those couple of messy weeks back in March. Not going to count my chickens before they hatch, but it's nice to be in that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

pfffff hahaha and they tought they will scare Vidic away if they bring a mouse on the pitch,bad move....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I really hope Fergie doesn't let Tevez go. I'd much prefer Berba to be shown the door. I don't think this squad suits Berba's lackadaisical style of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I love saying this

1 less game and another 3 points.

title number 18 is within touching distance.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

m83 wrote: »
    Comfortable 2-0 win for Utd, considering the form we're in.

Ahhhh, I should have put some quids on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ferguson was just VERY defensive about Tevez, wouldnt answer the question at all. Makes me worried :(

He did, what everyone else should have on Ronaldo Question: "Ronaldo looked angry?" Sir Alex:"He wanted to stay on *laughs*" Nothing in it, move on.

But on Tevez, damn i hope he stays, but i think Fergie must be in a situation where he has been told he cant buy him, either that or he will stay, i hope for the later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Much like West Ham.

Eh no, West Ham are injured hit, have a young newbie manager and no money but may yet finish ahead of City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Vidic was an animal today, I can only recall 1 attack getting past him. Legend.

Brilliant performance by Berbatov again, amazing control for the goal, and good play in general.

Would love Tevez's price to drop so we could get him...

Fletch was great again

I wish Ronaldo would grow up, good to see him still scoring though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Notorious wrote: »
    I really hope Fergie doesn't let Tevez go. I'd much prefer Berba to be shown the door. I don't think this squad suits Berba's lackadaisical style of play.

Very few clubs would spend big money on a striker and not give him a decent chance. One season or less doesnt define a player.;)

Eh no, West Ham are injured hit, have a young newbie manager and no money but may yet finish ahead of City.

so, they are, in the league, doing better than Man City, yet lost 3 - 0 at home without looking like offering any resistence to Liverpool. Hmmmm, which performance was worse.... i just don't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

adox wrote: »
    Very few clubs would spend big money on a striker and not give him a decent chance. One season or less doesnt define a player.;)

Ah I know that, I didn't mean to make it sound like they should get rid of him. :p Berbatov is a great player, at the moment I'd just rate Tevez above him. And I'd almost put money on it that Fergie will let him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dave! wrote: »
    Vidic was an animal today, I can only recall 1 attack getting past him. Legend.

Brilliant performance by Berbatov again, amazing control for the goal, and good play in general.

Would love Tevez's price to drop so we could get him...

Fletch was great again

I wish Ronaldo would grow up, good to see him still scoring though

Brilliant - thats a bit much now?!

I'd use that word when describing Fletcher and Vidic today, not so much Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fletcher is really coming along, its fantastic to see. I remember defending him on the United thread like 3 years ago that he was still young and by god he's done me well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Im no lip reader but it looked like Ronaldo said "two nil up something something off, ****in joke"

ye noticed something like that too...ah he'll get over it. Big boys ya know

Fergie was quick to nip the convo about Carlos Tevez future in the bud on sky

"I'm not gonna go into that okay"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

so, they are, in the league, doing better than Man City, yet lost 3 - 0 at home without looking like offering any resistence to Liverpool. Hmmmm, which performance was worse.... i just don't know

I always find people who moan about the opposition bottling it, or not putting up a fight etc weird.

Man Utd ARE a better team than Man City, so that states when the 2 play each other, the outcome that is most likely is a Man Utd win. Same with Liverpool v West Ham.

Although I suspect what we are seeing is people taking their frustration of their teams title challenge almost coming to an end out on something, and need to blame someone or some team for it.

Unearthly wrote: »
    I always find people who moan about the opposition bottling it, or not putting up a fight etc weird.

Man Utd ARE a better team than Man City, so that states when the 2 play each other, the outcome that is most likely is a Man Utd win. Same with Liverpool v West Ham.

Although I suspect what we are seeing is people taking their frustration of their teams title challenge almost coming to an end out on something, and need to blame someone or some team for it.

Indeed - though you do sometimes get teams just falling apart and rolling over in front of the bigger sides - such as Spurs after the penalty a couple of weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

City are a disgrace to Liverpool supporters.

FYP

Well.

That was the wild card and it's gone. I'll admit defeat. You can have it but next year will be finally ours! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Well.

That was the wild card and it's gone. I'll admit defeat. You can have it but next year will be finally ours! ;)

Even though I feel next year will probably be the Pools, That is said at the start of every season by the pool fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

And sure if not next year there is always the year after.:D

A7X wrote: »
    Even though I feel next year will probably be the Pools, That is said at the start of every season by the pool fans.

True.

I have never been one of those people except for this season as I am realistic. Barry in the summer and a RB then maybe add a few to the squad. Our most realistic chance ever imho.

And sure if not next year there is always the year after.:D

...and the year after...

True.

I have never been one of those people except for this season as I am realistic. Barry in the summer and a RB then maybe add a few to the squad. Our most realistic chance ever imho.

Yeah I agree and I don't like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

3 games left, one win and one draw is all thats needed. I cant complain :) Not over just yet, but its getting very close.

If things go to plan, we could be celebrating the league against Arsenal at home in just 6 days!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

PHB wrote: »
    3 games left, one win and one draw is all thats needed. I cant complain :) Not over just yet, but its getting very close.

If things go to plan, we could be celebrating the league against Arsenal at home in just 6 days!

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Delighted with the win, was very comfortable. Vidic was immense.

Hopefully get a win against Wigan and then seal the deal against Arsenal on Saturday, abit of payback from when they won the league at Old Trafford afew years ago. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jesus that was a great match to be at,bloody hell I'm still buzzing.city are ****e and that's a fact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Can all other non Man United fans admit that we are the BEST :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Can all other non Man United fans admit that we are the BEST :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Very good performance today. Was easier than I expected it to be. Fletcher was terrific, particularly in the first-half. Ronaldo has grown on me of late but silliness like that was uncalled for. Not sure why he acted like that. Maybe he captained himself in his FPL team and needed more points, I dunno.

One hand is on the trophy at this stage. The other hand is presently carrying a bottle of fine wine to give to Brucie during the week. You know what's required of you, Steve...

Advertisement