Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v FC Barcelona - Champions league Final

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Manchester United (Barcelona fan)
    Photohut.

its a wee joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Don't care (just want the game to be a cracker)
    Photohut.

its a wee joke.

i'm ashamed to say you did get me with that.

carra's everton roots are well known, so i automatically put stevie in the same bracket for that moment.

*hangs head, gets coat and leaves*

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm ashamed to say you did get me with that.

carra's everton roots are well known, so i automatically put stevie in the same bracket for that moment.

*hangs head, gets coat and leaves*

It could be a photoshop - i don't know. I know it has been denied in the past that it is Gerrard. I honestly don't know either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Barcelona (Barcelona fan)
    It could be a photoshop - i don't know. I know it has been denied in the past that it is Gerrard. I honestly don't know either way.

is it not that his everton mad uncle dressed him up like this to piss off his liverpool supporting side.Think i heard that somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Barcelona (United fan)
    No real interest in the game and won't be watching but it will be a United win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Got €2 on Vida to score first at betfair 31/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Barcelona (United fan)
    Dave! wrote: »
    Lol

Just started a new job, 2.45am kick off, United to win it for the second year in a row....sleep sounds much better tbh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Why won't you be watching:confused:

I had you down as a football fan, not just a City fan...i.e. someone who watches all finals etc.

EDIT: Cool...I HAVE MY ANSWER ABOVE

• Advertisement

Just started a new job, 2.45am kick off, United to win it for the second year in a row....sleep sounds much better tbh :D
    I'm sure you'll be recording it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

This game is so finely balanced its frightening.
    Uniteds efficient forwards against a poor make shift back line.
    Barca's Mid-field dominating possesion against Uniteds waek mid field. (Carrick is anominous when United haven't the ball)
    Barca's patient forwards against one of the best defenses the world has ever seen.

I see most of the game being played infront of United's goal, but when United counter attack they score.

4-2 to Barca

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Manchester United (Neutral)
    Good grief - a 4-2 win for either team is 100/1 with Paddy power. Very very tempting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

gimmick wrote: »
    Good grief - a 4-2 win for either team is 100/1 with Paddy power. Very very tempting

I can't see it being 4-2 at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    This game is so finely balanced its frightening.
    Uniteds efficient forwards against a poor make shift back line.
    Barca's Mid-field dominating possesion against Uniteds waek mid field. (Carrick is anominous when United haven't the ball)
    Barca's patient forwards against one of the best defenses the world has ever seen.

I see most of the game being played infront of United's goal, but when United counter attack they score.

4-2 to Barca

:pac:

Its good alright but not even close to the best the world has ever seen,

I think a cagey 1-0 is on the cards!

• Advertisement

Sorry I was trying to hide my biased opinions ( I'm a barca fan ), buy buttering up United :D

But, in the past 10 years only the amazing defence of AC Milan can really compare? Possibly Chelsea's defence too.

As for it not being 4-2, how about you tell me what you think it will be :D

United have to get the first goal. we can't afford to chase the game at let Barcelona pick us off on the counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

we can't afford to chase the game at let Barcelona pick us off on the counter

I can see ye playing the exact opposite to be honest.

jasonorr wrote: »
    I can see ye playing the exact opposite to be honest.

Yeah - i know. My point is that if we go 1-0 down, we have to open up more and attack more; we can't play contain and counter if we need a goal ourselves cause Barcelona would simply play less offensively and give us few chances to counter-attack them. If we score first, our counter attack would be more of a weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anderson will be all over Xavi, Xavi isn't the real worry. We have someone who can mark him (of course Xavi could get the better of him but we've still got somebody to try deal with him.

Iniesta is where we're ****ed to be honest. Carrick will have to put in the defensive performance of his life to stop him.

The reason I say Ronaldo can win this gme on his own is because he really will without a doubt get 2 chances. He always does. While Rooney, Berbatov, Henry, Messi, Eto can no doubt influence a game like few players in the world can, Ronaldo just gets into goal creating situations much more than anyone of them, and its almost a certainty in my mind he'll get two decent enough chances to score tomorrow. It's just a question of what Ronaldo shows up.

United have a defence which can stop Barca's attack. We had 2 clean sheets against them last year. Barca's defence is nowhere near that good, with Alves and Abidal out. United imo have a better rounded team, weaker in midfield I'd say due to injuries, but stronger in defence and attack, which is why I think its like 55-45 to United.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Yeah - i know. My point is that if we go 1-0 down, we have to open up more and attack more; we can't play contain and counter if we need a goal ourselves cause Barcelona would simply play less offensively and give us few chances to counter-attack them. If we score first, our counter attack would be more of a weapon.

Barca don't know how to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

barca could do a job on ronaldo, double mark him

Can't wait for this!!!

Headshot wrote: »
    They could, but I can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

PHB wrote: »
    The reason I say Ronaldo can win this gme on his own is because he really will without a doubt get 2 chances. He always does. While Rooney, Berbatov, Henry, Messi, Eto can no doubt influence a game like few players in the world can, Ronaldo just gets into goal creating situations much more than anyone of them, and its almost a certainty in my mind he'll get two decent enough chances to score tomorrow. It's just a question of what Ronaldo shows up.

I'm not so sure Ronaldo will have much of an influence tomorrow. Could be completely wrong, maybe Barcelonas weak defence and suspended full backs will mean that he will be Uniteds main threat.

With who?
    Slyvinho? will be his marker most likely if he plays on the right. Toure is going to be in defence. Iniesta or Xavi can't do that job, so it'll be on to who, Keita?

Injuries have hurt Barca's chances of stopping Ronaldo and Rooney.

For me, Ronaldo, along with Rooney, [and Anderson] are our big games players, the ones who step up when it matters. I really think he'll probably be our goal threat tomorrow.

I think Yaya Toure will shackle Ronaldo well, but the problem is all he needs is half a glimpse at a shot and he can score from it. Barca had better hope he has the jitters tmr night. Or gets a horrific dose of the trots tonight.
    With who?
    Slyvinho? will be his marker most likely if he plays on the right. Toure is going to be in defence. Iniesta or Xavi can't do that job, so it'll be on to who, Keita?

Ill be shocked if Toure starts in defense. I really reckon Guardiola is looking to play his players in their strongest positions. I think Ronaldo will play through the middle. However, if he does play on the right, i would not discount a wily old pro like Sylvinho.

Alves is no loss in a game like this. Marquez, imo, is never a loss. Abidal is a big loss.

With who?

dont think yaya will be playing in defense

man utd news conference coming up soon

Online anywhere?

• Advertisement

I don't think Ronaldo will be are only goal threat.

I'm trying to weight up my bets for goalscorer at the moment, always like to go for the outsider ones.

Vidic, O'Shea, and Rio is due a goal as well. Plus I will have my real crazy bet on Anderson, I know laugh away but I have been saying for a while that his first goal is gonna be massive and was going to either

A) win the league

or

b) win the CL.

A is gone out the window, so I'll have a bet on B purely because I would be sick with myself it actually happened and I hadn't bet.

If Toure doesn't play in defence, it'll be

Caceras-Pique-Puyol-Slyvinho in defence.

At which point, either Ronaldo or Rooney are going to get space on the wings, real space.

Dave! wrote: »
    Online anywhere?

not sure could be on uefa website. its on now

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

Barcelona (Neutral)
    Any one know what jersey united are playing in tomoro nite?

Any one know what jersey united are playing in tomoro nite?

white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Barcelona (Neutral)
    If I'm this nervous about the match now a whole 27 hours before kick off then what am I gonna be like tommorrow night......I shudder to think :D:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Press conference live now on SSN.

white one

Watching it on SSN

LOL @ the feedback with the microphones :D

• Advertisement

Feedback galore at this press conference.

That's not really how Barca do things to be fair. They believe by keeping the ball the opposition can't attack. Ronaldo won't need double marking if Xavi and Iniesta do there job at keeping the ball.

As for the person who said Anderson will stop Xavi. I doubt it mate, Xavi is unstoppable this season. He just gets the ball, head up and passes. Anderson won't have the stamina or experiance to follow him, stop passes to and from him for a whole 90 minutes. Also, Xavi know's if he is being marked what to do. Did you see the Madrid match earlier this month? Xavi was being Marked so he played deeper (close to the cb's) which in turn just gave Messi the freedom of mid-field.

I am probably playing my own flute a bit too much at this stage. But its foolish to say so and so is going to mark so and so out of the game.

Keep the updates coming please :)

Especially regarding Rio.

Keep the updates coming please :)

Especially regarding Rio.

get in there Rio is playing tomorrow

I think Ferguson is forgetting that they're playing Barca... Not just Messi. :)

get in there Rio is playing tomorrow

good stuff. Though we have heard that before this season and Rio has something else gone wrong on the day.

Does fill me with more confidence though.

• Advertisement

If Toure doesn't play in defence, it'll be

Caceras-Pique-Puyol-Slyvinho in defence.

At which point, either Ronaldo or Rooney are going to get space on the wings, real space.

United are going to have space galore regardless if they are on the front foot. Putting Puyol into a full back position is not going to make enough of a difference to justify it I reckon.

That being said, Busquets has not played in any of Barcas last few games where the reserves have been playing, so that might be an indicator that Toure is indeed playing in defense. Can he play right full?

Maybe Guardiola will shock us all and play Muniez, the 17 y/o debutant who got sent off the other day. he is in the squad :p

Ronaldo ftw

WTF??? A journalist just asked SAF who is the better player, Ronaldo or Messi......

As a Man United manager...... I wonder who he'd pick.

That_Guy wrote: »
    WTF??? A journalist just asked SAF who is the better player, Ronaldo or Messi......

As a Man United manager...... I wonder who he'd pick.

What was his exact reply? I bet the old fox covered his comment with some closing statement like "the are both superb regardless of which one is better" :rolleyes:

Ronaldo is brilliant

alot,exactly :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement