Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Patrick Street

• 07-05-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Anyone know why the cars parked between the Garda Station and Stephen St never get parking tickets. They are parked twice a day for up to an hour during school term by people who drop and collect kids from the school . Tickets are issued in all other areas of Patrick St all year round. They even cause traffic jams when the area is busy. The city council are unable to provide me with an answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

I don't think they can (or bother) to give a ticket if the driver is still in the car, which would be the case with most of the soccer moms school picker-uppers..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Iv received some load of tickets in the past for Patrick St., even when on work in the arae. The area you refer to always has someone in the car (9/10) so I believe they are covered. Usually though, there asked to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

yeah ,thats true what sully says,they all sit in the car so the warden cant issue em with a ticket ,just tell them to move on,however ,empty cars get tickets,so dont park there if your leaving the car then unless ya have a pay and display ticket ,common sense.

Advertisement