Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Tranche of Dublin Bus Service Changes - May 10th 2009

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

http://www.dublinbus.ie/News-Centre/Travel-News/Service-Changes-10th-May-2009/

Service Changes 10th May 2009
    Thursday, May 07, 2009
    Last updated 12:45hrs

Dublin Bus wishes to advise customers that the following service changes will take effect from Sunday 10th May. These changes reflect the second phase in our planned fleet reduction as a result of the effects of the economic downturn.

Timetable changes:
    13/a, 17, 19, 19a, 27, 42a/b, 44/c, 44b, 50, 51b, 51c, 78/a, 90, 92, 114, 121, 122

Route and timetable changes:

Routes 40/a/b/c/d
    Route 40/40a will be extended to serve Charlestown Shopping Centre. A new Route 240 will operate a local service from Tubberburr to Cappagh Hospital via Finglas Village and Deanstown. The 40d timetable will change and Routes 40b and 40c will be withdrawn.

Route 45
    Route 45 will have a revised timetable and will operate between Bray and Ballsbridge (Jurys Hotel) only.

Route 49
    Route 49 will be re-routed via Firhouse Road West and will no longer operate via Tallaght Village. No timetable
    change.

Route 56a
    Some services will operate from Tallaght to Dolphin’s Barn only.

Route 103 & 104
    Route 103 and 104 will be combined into Route 104 with a revised timetable and routing.

Route 151
    Route 151 extended to serve Griffeen Avenue (Lucan) and East Road (Docklands) and revised timetable (maintaining
    current frequency).

Low frequency services withdrawn:
    58c

Please note that some timetables changing this weekend have had minor amendments since they were fiorst displayed on this site last month. The final timetables for routes 17, 45, 51c, 90, 92, and 114 will be available later today. During this period of change, the most up-to-date timetables will always be available on this site.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

"Route 45
    Route 45 will have a revised timetable and will operate between Bray and Ballsbridge (Jurys Hotel) only."

I really don't understand this and it seems like blatant money making on the part of Dublin Bus. All cash paying customers will now have to pay another fair just to get to the city centre. It's ridiculous and will force people away from this service even more:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭dub_commuter

They've changed the notice again now.

56A
    Route 56a will have a revised timetable and a new Route 56 will operate from Tallaght to Dolphin's Barn only

Usual lack of proof reading, checking before they publish etc.

Will there be a third round of this shortly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Dónal wrote: »
    Will there be a third round of this shortly?

The 11's and 111 look like being next week. Round three ............;)

New 40 Route Details:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Routes-40abcd/

They could have just called the Toberburr to City Centre's 40B's and avoided all confusion. But instead two 240's go to the city centre in the morning, when other 240's only go to Finglas. Two 40/A's in the evening are extended to Toberburr but other buses are not. Talk about trying to confuse people.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the 40D's as well, as of now the 40D's go into the corporate park all the time, and go round the outside of Ballycoolin IDA, now they are proposing to go into both parks, but only until 8pm. Talk about trying to confuse.

As for the 240 overall. God help us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

"Route 45
    Route 45 will have a revised timetable and will operate between Bray and Ballsbridge (Jurys Hotel) only."

I really don't understand this and it seems like blatant money making on the part of Dublin Bus. All cash paying customers will now have to pay another fair just to get to the city centre. It's ridiculous and will force people away from this service even more:mad:

There are very few pax using the 45 to/from the city - most from beyond Cornelscourt use the 145 and closer in use the 4/4A and 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

does anyone know what is going to happen to the 42a/b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

The 45 goes through areas serviced by other buses. 46a, 145, 7, 4 at the Bray / Shankill end and blackrock there is also the DART. I'm not happy to see the demise of the 45 but it's not necessarily just to get people to pay another fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious but some of those routes are operated by Harristown. I wonder if I should make sure my bike is in working order for Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the dublin bus website seems to be have expired

i am trying to find out what the changes are to the 40abcd

does anyone know where i can the revised timetable from ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

LicenseException: License has expired.

Another cut back?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

It's working for me now.

Only works about every 1 in 4 requests if your lucky, lots of blank pages and error messages.

Timetables should be at stops. But considering from the last reign of changes have not had their stops updated I wouldn't hold on it.

Although little notice to passengers, combined with no information at stops and a dodgy website shouldn't surprise you if you've been using DB for years - it's nothing new.

In the meantime phone the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

markpb wrote: »
    Maybe I'm pointing out the obvious but some of those routes are operated by Harristown. I wonder if I should make sure my bike is in working order for Monday?

Just for clarification... is there likely to be another bus strike tomorrow... I've to get the bus at around 11 tomorrow morning and I'll have to organise alternative travel now because won't be able to do it in the morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Was talking to the driver on a 49 to Tallaght today, turned out I knew about the route change (skipping Tallaght village and going up by Aylesbury and the Tallaght stadium, change was up on the website yesterday) before he did - the drivers were only told about it this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The 45 bus is now only running from Ballsbridge to Bray, which is possibly the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas.

Unless there is some really clever logic behind that I'm going to be cynical and assume it is simply a way for Dublin Bus to get you to pay for two bus journeys, one out to the 45 in ballsbridge and then one on to bray.

:mad:

As I've stated elsewhere, there were very few passengers using the 45 to get from the Bray/Cornelscourt section of the route to city centre, as the 145 has taken over being much faster.

People along the Clonkeen Road have the 145 at one end, the 46A at Kill Lane and the 4A at the other end, and then the 4/4A and 7, 7A and 8 along the rest of the route to get to the city.

Advertisement