Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swords UPC broadband - Swords area

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

does anybody know if UPC's 10mb broadband is any good in Swords

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you could have a read through some threads in here to find out.

someone may come along and giveyou a definitive answer eventually, bt it'll probably be quicker for you to check through old threads to find out.

here's the search results for "upc" and "swords" in the broadband forum to get you started.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=6574548

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BACKSTABBER

thanks for your help :)

no probs. i'm in navan and it's fine, but you never know.

you coud be lucky and someone in swords with UPC sees your thread (might be worht adding 'swords' to the subject to be sure) but you could be waiting ages. there's bound to be someone else who's asked the ssme question before though, it's just a matter of finding the thread.

thanks, its just that I am changing from eircom 3mb to UPC 10mb and I have been running 2 laptops and xbox live with no problems. hopefully it all works out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭PotBelly

I have the 10meg package in swords area.

Never gave me any problems

Full 10meg consistently. I also use 2 pcs and live. all good

• Advertisement

brilliant, thanks for the info :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I'm in Swords and on their 20mb package with no issues with downloading apart from inconsistant downloading speeds, sometimes I get only 10mb/s, others it goes back up to 20. Generally it is high though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

469377759.png

Thats what I'm getting on UPC swords.

Just installed this morning and came home to test it out. Not that impressed, torrents downloading like a snail.

Iwasnt impressed I've to operate wirlessly through wireless adaptors upstairs. To early to have a moan though I'll give it a further test and see what happens, if its like this for a week though they can hump off.

Living in the swords area, suprisingly everyone else says they get great speeds.

Could it be the wireless adaptor im using? A linkys wireless G adaptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

TheDoc wrote: »
    469377759.png

Thats what I'm getting on UPC swords.

Just installed this morning and came home to test it out. Not that impressed, torrents downloading like a snail.

Iwasnt impressed I've to operate wirlessly through wireless adaptors upstairs. To early to have a moan though I'll give it a further test and see what happens, if its like this for a week though they can hump off.

Living in the swords area, suprisingly everyone else says they get great speeds.

Could it be the wireless adaptor im using? A linkys wireless G adaptor.

I'm on 20MB in Malahide, find I usually get most or all of the declared speed. When I was using the wireless though, I've seen that drop to 8MB for some reason, even though the router is allegedly 54mbps..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

It was installed whilst I was out so my dad was present.

Is it possible to have them set it upstairs to connect directly into my pc?

I have a phonejack right beside the pc, or does this cost more?

Wont be a happy camper if I can expect these speeds.

Thought perhaps my wireless adapter is out of date and requires an upgrade, I notice this netgear router says wireless N whilst my adapter is wireless G.

Have been running wireless with eircom with no drops in speed...

• Advertisement

it doesn't cpome through the phoneline, it comes via your tv cable.

check with a pc pligged directly into the router with a network cable. it could very well be your wireless speed that's the issue, not the broadband itself. the only way to be sure is to remove wireless from the equation.

Advertisement