Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5800XpressMusic longer ringtone

• 07-05-2009 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

As a certified mobile phone hater, can someone help me before I miss another call and bounce this phone off the wall.

How do you set the ring duration before voivemail kicks in. I would have thought it was under Settings and Phone,

thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

what network are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

vodafone

Well i had the same problemm with my ring tone but i'm with O2 and got it sorted after getting help on their forum. I imagine if you rang Vodafone they should be able to sort it. How long does it ring before going to voicemail??

only four times

Fck me only 4 times. That would drive me mental. You could try disabling voicemail and see if that makes a difference. Your best bet would be to contact Vodafone. There are no settings on the phone or any phone to extend the ringtone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

##02# and press send to cancel all diverts.

Or

To extend your ring tone, dial the following code: ** 61*0865yournumber ** 30 # press send. The 30 at the end means it will be 30 seconds which is the max time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Davy wrote: »
    ##02# and press send to cancel all diverts.

Or

To extend your ring tone, dial the following code: ** 61*0865yournumber ** 30 # press send. The 30 at the end means it will be 30 seconds which is the max time.

Is there an equivalent for Meteor?

Also isn't that kinda insecure? I could change someone else's ringout time... well, it probably only works if the sending number matches the quoted one..

Its the same for meteor, but delete the 0865 part and put in your number.

** 61*0855yournumber ** 30 # press send
    ** 61*0865yournumber ** 30 # press send
    ** 61*0875yournumber ** 30 # press send

Its important to add the 5 after your mobile prefix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Nifty. That -5- insertion, I've seen it before. If you dial [prefix]5[rest] you go straight to voicemail, iirc.

Baza210 wrote: »
    Nifty. That -5- insertion, I've seen it before. If you dial [prefix]5[rest] you go straight to voicemail, iirc.

Exactly

• Advertisement

thanks all , I'll try that later, knowing there is no setting to change helped.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Sorry to bump, but i'm trying the code, and i just get "unkown application" any ideas?

What network your on, someone could try on the same network? I presuming you have double checked what your entering,,,cant think of anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What network your on, someone could try on the same network? I presuming you have double checked what your entering,,,cant think of anything else.

I tried it with my number and got unknown application. I ported from o2 to vodafone. Maybe having a ported number causes this?

GBX wrote: »
    I tried it with my number and got unknown application. I ported from o2 to vodafone. Maybe having a ported number causes this?

Ive never thought about the different prefix, but it shouldnt really. Vodafone definitely support this code

Mr.S wrote: »
    the number im trying is a ported one aswell, but on o2. :confused:

This code does work with o2, i just checked it right now to confirm it. Worked first time.

Are you pay as you go? Sometimes that has to be done by o2 itself. Thing is that would give a 'request not complete' error normally, rather then an 'application unknown'. Just check what your typing again, make sure your not pressing * too quick and making it a +

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you are expierencing problems, it's most likely with the double **

If you type two stars in quick succession on your phone, ** will change to +. You don't want this to happen as it will cause the phone to return a 'Result Unknown' (or a similar error) when you enter the code

To solve this, type a star, wait about 2 seconds, then type the second star. This will result in two stars rather than a +

So really what you are going to enter, presuming your number is an 087- number, is
    * pause * 0875 [rest of your number] * pause * 30 #
    Then press send, and you should get back 'Divert Activated' or something similar.

I hope this helps and that I'm not too late.

Edit: Davy bet me to it! :p

make sure your not pressing * too quick and making it a +
    I hope this helps and that I'm not too late.

Edit: Davy bet me to it! :p

:D fair play though, great detail :)

Advertisement