Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegtable Growing Links

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

Looking through the forum there's always lots of discussions regarding how do I do this, or that etc. So I thought maybe we should create a list of a few decent sites providing info etc for those experimenting with growing their own fruit and veg.

I'd say post any sites that you have found useful and maybe in time, it could be stickied by the forum Mods, as a useful resource.

Maybe someone more into the general/floral side of things could do something similar for that type of thing, as not everyone is bothered by getting that last batch of tom's to ripen, or how to prevent your parsnips going all weird.

I'll kick off with a few that I have as favourites

BBC Gardening Site

Pretty useful for a lot of general info, can be a good quick resource to answer those little niggly questions

Royal Horticultural Society

RHS site again covers a lot of the basics, but has a useful month by month planner, giving you the jobs you got to do this month and so on

Garden.ie

same as above really, with a bit more detail on some aspects. linked to the Irish Garden magazine. Allows users to post up profiles etc

I'll look at some more specific stuff over the next while. But if anyone's got more sites then stick them up

Comments

Advertisement