Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering money Up North,

• 07-05-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I'm currently working in Galway but transfer money up north where I'm From, I've been using boi but they seem to be charging quite alot for the transfers as well as getting their hand in on the exchange rate...

Does anyone know of a simple enough method to transfer money and get a reasonable exchange rate ? Don't mind if the min is over 2k or something as long as its easy and works..

Any ideas? Can sign up for a different bank account if that would work.

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you send the money up as Euro, there will not be fees in Galway, although you may be charged a landing fee when the money hits your account in the north. AFAIK, banks will only do international and cross border transfers if you have an account with them. Your other option to send the money up would be Western Union, but it's even more expensive again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

How do you transfer the money at present?
    When i was working for the bank i used a SEPA payment to transfer money to england. There were no fee's from the bank but may be fee's on the other side.

Advertisement