Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

inheritance issues

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I married an american girl about 2 months ago ( i am irish) and now she is filing for a divorce. We married in New york and moved to Galway 3 weeks ago. she became very homesick and constantly rowing with me and 2 days ago said she was moving back to New york.
    Now Here is both of my dilemmas:
    1) Can she claim inheritence money that my grandmother left me even though it is not in her name but myself and 2 brothers. Can she claim anything out of me for this
    the inheritence money and a 1/3 of her house were left to myself and 2 brothers ( obviously they wont be affected) but is she entitled to any of my share even though we married in New york ?

2)We have no joint bank accounts, cars or property etc in either name however she has been living here for 3 weeks and now claims I should pay for flights and a minimum of 5000 dollars so she can get a car,apartment,funiture etc when she gets back out of my own pocket.

Is she right for either of these claims

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Find yourself a solicitor. Irish law may apply here or American law may apply, or both may apply. Do not pay any money unless directed to do so by your solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement