Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Course

Options
  • 07-05-2009 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi all,

Has anyone done the online Java course with FAS? I am starting this now and I am just wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you are good at self learning all the info is on Sun's website inc free tools for linux or windows.

If you have BB, you can easily fill in any holes in their course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Tuvok

The FAS course is really a self learning one as you don't have any interaction with a tutor unless you request it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Can't recommend the course, but I taught myself Java using this book -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beginning-Java-Objects-Programmer/dp/1861004176

It's an excellent book. Easy to read and gets you up to speed quickly.

For example, part of my masters course was a Java concurrency class. I didn't know anything about Java before it. After reading the book I managed to get an A in the exam and throughout my homework/tutorials, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Tuvok

Thanks, I bought Head First Java the other day. I will have a look at that book too.

Advertisement