Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celia Larkin & NCA

Options
  • 07-05-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how Celia Larkin was appointed to the board of the NCA and on what basis? How is she qualified to hold such a position?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 adrem

I assume they are government appointments, to be fair there are loads of quangos to which people are appointed on the nod of government who are arguably less qualified than others - I have no idea if she is any good or not - the bigger question (and less personalised one) is why we need these quangos (cos I don't think do) and for those that are needed how can we get to a meritocratic approach of appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭bladespin

Bertie found her a seat as it were, can't see much protection for consumers being given there :rolleyes:
    Probably looks after ex bankers well though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Saabdub

I'm not sure if it belongs here but a listing of QUANGOS and the numbers of people on their Boards would be a very useful thread. The political patronage value of the ability to appoint individuals at will to the Boards of QUANGOS shouldn't be underestimated in cementing party loyalty and support, so maybe it does belong here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Fingleton also fast tracked her a loan so that should could repay a previous loan to St. Lukes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭r14

Appointments to the NCA are made by the Minister for Enterprise. So it was Michael Martin who appointed her.

It really is an indictment that someone with no experience like her is on the board. This blatant nepotism has forced Eddie Hobbs off the board despite the fact that he was there on merit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Doesn't anyone remember bertie's comment about how he appointed people to boards because they were his friends.
    Different friends as we know provided different benefits to poor ould bertie.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement