Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap parcel delivery to uk

• 07-05-2009 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

hi all, hope you can help..

Im looking to send a parcel 16kg to the uk, but i cannot yet find a cheap parcel delivery service, anything under 25€ i think would be good, but so far its about €20 more than that...

any ideas ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

conman wrote: »
    hi all, hope you can help..

Im looking to send a parcel 16kg to the uk, but i cannot yet find a cheap parcel delivery service, anything under 25€ i think would be good, but so far its about €20 more than that...

any ideas ?

thanks in advance
    You are ment to post this in requests up at the top of the page :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭conman

You are ment to post this in requests up at the top of the page :)
    ahh.. maybe a mod can relocate it :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

conman wrote: »
    ahh.. maybe a mod can relocate it :D

Try reporting your thread, ask for it to be moved to "Bargain Alerts [Requests]"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Moved to 'Requests'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Very expensive to send by TNT or DHL.

PDP(INTERLINK)

Try them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

45euro sounds good to me i pay 33euro to send 3kg to the UK with Anpost and that's standard delivery.

Nabber wrote: »
    Very expensive to send by TNT or DHL.

PDP(INTERLINK)

Try them

i tried PDP, and it would cost almost 70€

cheapest at the mo is anpost, about 55€

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dodonovan

You could try giving this guy a call. He's been able to get some good deals for me in the past:

http://www.wiseloads.com
    See the "Contact Us" page for contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Used gls for a large. heavy box to the uk, cost €32, almost half of what an post and other couriers were charging. Found though that I needed to know where their depot was as the locations on their website are way off, but good service and online tracking. website www.gls-ireland.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Have you tried http://www.interparcel.com/?
    They seem to have reasonable quotes....

Magic

Better google it a little bit, just found this: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/internet-sites/interparcel-com/reviews/

• Advertisement

thanks lads for the replies, i didnt get anything cheaper than anpost at the time i needed to send (10am friday), so i used them.. but ill bookmark this thread for future use, some better prices available i see now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

For future reference, GLS have a 'Parcel Shop' in Reads on Nassau Street.

Might be handy for some because their depot on the northside is a dog to find.

Prices are based on size as opposed to weight (max. 30kg).

http://www.gls-group.eu/276-I-PORTAL-WEB/content/GLS/IE01/EN/100000_gls_ireland_parcel_shop_home.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

If you're doing regular parcel delivery to the UK, Fastway Couriers will be introducing a UK service soon at prices that will beat anything in the market.

Same restrictions apply as their local delivery service. E.G. under 30kg and less than 1 metre long.

They also have plans to open Drop off points at some of their existing customer's premises. (I'll have one in Athy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Fastway mentioned they're looking into this when I started using them a while back. It'll be a big help I think.

Any idea what delivery times will be to the UK?
    mcaul wrote: »
    If you're doing regular parcel delivery to the UK, Fastway Couriers will be introducing a UK service soon at prices that will beat anything in the market.

Same restrictions apply as their local delivery service. E.G. under 30kg and less than 1 metre long.

They also have plans to open Drop off points at some of their existing customer's premises. (I'll have one in Athy)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭alhimself

try www.parcel2go.com

or

http://www.parcel2ship.co.uk/

ive used these to get basses over off ebay.nearly always manage to do better then P&P quoted from sellers.

Advertisement