Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still no phone

Options
  • 07-05-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Just to let you all know, I still have no phone service on day 9 now. Smart cant give me an answer, Eircom cant give them an answer, the contractor cant give Eircom an answer blah blah blah. Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(

Never what again exactly? Since Eircom can't give an answer do you mean you'll never get a landline again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yeah, I'm confused. Is this in relation to a previous post, thread or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 scruff murphy

jor el wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm confused. Is this in relation to a previous post, thread or something?

yeah. ive been posting threads all week on rants and rave customer care.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Well, why not keep it to the one thread? Otherwise we have no idea what you are going on about.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i got rid of my landline for this reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

If your account is with Smart, then eircom won't talk to you. It's up to Smart to chase them. That is what you are paying them for.

Next time you ring Smart about it, if they start blaming eircom, TELL THEM to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

scruff murphy I've warned you before about posting without providing details.

When you create a thread for a consumer issue, we ask that you detail the issue, and the steps that you've taken towards resolution of the issue. This is so that other posters can help you. If you want to rant and rave, then please confine yourself to the rant & praise thread.

If you want help, then please provide details of what is going on. Otherwise I will close this thread.

dudara

yeah. ive been posting threads all week on rants and rave customer care.

Did any ever hear of somebody able to get planning permission to erect a building around an Eircom telegraph pole? And if so, did it ever interfere with the telephone land lines attached to the pole. And if it did where you told you most likely will never be able to have a landline again, because the person who built the building made an arse of it, and now the Eircom workers cant run a new cable up to the pole, so end of story, Goodnight Vienna? Id be grateful for any replies

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

because the person who built the building made an arse of it
    So let's see... you're with Smart, but you blame Eircom, even though the fault seems to lie with your neighbour who f*cked up the Eircom pole...

And yet you continue to ring Eircom, but wonder why they can't help you with your problem with Smart...

Try ringing Heinz ketchup. They also have nothing to do with Smart :rolleyes:

the_syco wrote: »
    So let's see... you're with Smart, but you blame Eircom, even though the fault seems to lie with your neighbour who f*cked up the Eircom pole...

And yet you continue to ring Eircom, but wonder why they can't help you with your problem with Smart...

HA ha who gave permission for the building to be built?
    Who owns the land line?
    Who is contracted to fix it?
    Who does the neighbour work for?
    Not Smart...................................
    Work it out for yourself, O and its not Heinz Ketchup either:P:P:P

• Advertisement

HA ha who gave permission for the building to be built?
    Who owns the land line?
    Who is contracted to fix it?
    Who does the neighbour work for?
    Not Smart...................................
    Work it out for yourself, O and its not Heinz Ketchup either:P:P:P
    If it's on someones land, they don't even need permission to build a shed, so... it could be no one, really.

Who gives a f**k who owns the landline. I don't. If all your neighbours line work, and yours doesn't... I'd say Smart switched yours off for no apparent reason.

God Syco, dont get to wound up about it! And dont worry, its all in the hands of the proper authorities now, and no stone shall be left unturned. By the way, do you work for a certain telephone company??????????????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

God Syco, dont get to wound up about it! And dont worry, its all in the hands of the proper authorities now, and no stone shall be left unturned. By the way, do you work for a certain telephone company??????????????:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

No I wouldnt say syco is. Id say its the annoyance of your posting. It seems you are randomly posting all over the shop and none of it makes any sense as you keep rambling on about different things. But it seems your problem is with one specific company and not anything else hence they should fix it. If im right in saying you have smart and they pawn you off to eircom who pawn you back to smart and now you are blaming a telephone pole would I be right? As syco says Smart should be helping you here simple as.:rolleyes:

If im right in saying you have smart and they pawn you off to eircom who pawn you back to smart and now you are blaming a telephone pole would I be right? As syco says Smart should be helping you here simple as.:rolleyes:
    Seems like he is blaming a telephone pole... which is the best bit, as he says all his neighbours broadband works. This means that Smart should fix it for him. It seems Smart, the people who he is paying his bills to, fobbed him off to a company that won't help him.

And no, I don't work for any phone company.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

the_syco wrote: »

This is spot on! Listen to sycoI do work for a phone company, and get this crap all the time. Usually not even the customers fault, just someone fobbing them off 'cos they don't wanna deal with it.Although eircom are the ones fixing the fault, it is up to your company to get it sorted. Get on the phone and don't budge till you get some kind of resolution

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Of course if scruff murphy's telephone conversations with Smart, Eircom or whoever are as nonsensical and lacking details as his posts then know wounder he's being fobbed off :pac:

Nah serious, if he has a phone service from Smart already then he MUST contact Smart, however if he's looking to get a phoneline in with Smart and needs to get a physical line brought into his premises then he MUST contact Eircom for this as Smart cannot do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm still confused. Is the telephone pole inside a building now? Who would build a building around a pole?

If you are a customer of Smart, then you contact them about the problem. If the problem is with the line, then they contact eircom. You do not contact eircom, as you are not an eircom customer. They cannot, and will not, do anything for you, any more than Heinz could help you with a bad batch of Chef sauce.

Advertisement