Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Promo Posters?

• 07-05-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey all,

DJ here and im going to try and get a few gigs, i need to know how to make them posters for avertising events, is there websites, or do you use photoshop or something like that, where do you get them printed, what paper, whats the spray stuff i see people using to stick them up, im really not into these side of things...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

:confused: Are you going to put flyers up advertising yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

Just make them on photo shop, then get them printed on a bit of card.

Go to gigs that are along the style of the gig you are promoting and hand them out at then end of the night when everyones leaving. Thats what everybody else seems to do, and it works.

I always end up with different promotional cards in my pocket after a night out.

We normally end up going to gigs on the back of how good the quality of a roach is you can get off a flyer. The more you use it for a roach for js the more you talk about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

SteveDon wrote: »
    We normally end up going to gigs on the back of how good the quality of a roach is you can get off a flyer. The more you use it for a roach for js the more you talk about it!

Excellent grounds for such an important decision.

OP are you advertising a gig or yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

you'd better not be in dublin..

flyering is illegal unless you get a permit costing a few hundred euro per event - if you get caught at it you get fined up to 15k

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Starfox

you'd better not be in dublin..

flyering is illegal unless you get a permit costing a few hundred euro per event - if you get caught at it you get fined up to 15k

Just Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Yeh it's a Dublin City Council bye-law AFAIK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

SteveDon wrote: »

the best one i ever got was years ago, it had perferated holes cut into it and was divided equally into same size rectangles, ideal for roach's's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Táck wrote: »
    the best one i ever got was years ago, it had perferated holes cut into it and was divided equally into same size rectangles, ideal for roach's's
    Yeah I remember getting one years ago in DJ Magazine.
    It was an A5 size card with all the perforations and was advertising the "New" Playstation of all things. Great idea though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

very smart, I like that.

It would cost a sh!t load more to print but would probably be worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

well we're STILL talking about it!

pretty sure my one wasnt for playstation tho. obviosuly the productiveness of the flyer had a negative effect on my memory :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement