Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Internet Tax?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    Mena,
    thats more than I've paid myself.

Its just that immigrants are less likely to own property, move around more frequently, and half of the people I knew didn't have TVs, just laptops for watching foreign films and skyping home.

They would now have to pay a TV License too (I can just imagine them laughing and putting the letter in the bin:D)

Well I can't speak about anyone else, but when we moved here, we bought a TV before we had bought a bed :P

While I hate the whole concept of a TV license and agree it's just another tax, it's still currently necessary to have one, so 10 years ago when we bought our first TV in Ireland we popped down and got the license the next day. Renewed it ever since.

Advertisement