Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Posters

Options
  • 07-05-2009 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Can anyone clarify for me what the story is regarding these as I thought there was an agreement in place between the candidates/parties for none to be put up.

Comments

Politicians telling lies, thats never happened before....!!
    or has it??

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

I saw a poster of Colette Connollys today in Shantalla.

On the Western Distributor road, I've noticed posters of the Fine Gael candidate Hildegraad-whats-her-name and also a poster of Niall McNellis of the Labour party.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Ban them, they are so unsightly, now if it was Silvio Berlusconi's who was picking the candidates, it would be different.;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

galwayrush wrote: »
    Ban them, they are so unsightly, now if it was Silvio Berlusconi's who was picking the candidates, it would be different.;)
    He is. I believe his party are called Libertas and despite his accent, he's Glenamaddy through and through.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Galway Info (http://www.galwayindependent.com/local-news/local-news/poster-posing/) reported:

"Wednesday, 08 April 2009

Two weeks ago, Galway City Councillors voted on a voluntary ‘ban’ on election posters in the city in the run-up to the Volvo Ocean Race."

There's a particularly ugly shot of the current mayor in Woodquay.

Maybe he's going to get it taken down for the race. Maybe Woodquay doesn't count as "in the city". Or maybe the "ban" was nothing more than column-inch grabbing hot air.

• Advertisement
Advertisement