Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone to repair electric window/regulator in Cork?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

I've also posted this in the Motors section...

Car: Skoda Octavia '00

Electric window on the drivers side gets 'stuck' on the way up. I have to bring it down a bit to unlock it and then slowly bring it back up again, sometimes with help from my hand pushing the window up! I was told it could be the regulator, supposed to be fairly common problem..so I'm told!

Can anyone recommend someone decent to fix this (Cork City south) for me without putting me over a barrel:eek:

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Your best bet may be to source a second hand one and fit it.
    In my expierence when they give trouble they need to be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

mik_da_man wrote: »

oh yes, I agree, I'd say a replacement is in order. Any ideas who can do that for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paula Hevey

did you try the electric window doctor his number is 0872225865:)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

mik_da_man wrote: »

Replace the part or replace the car? :eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

I've also posted this in the Motors section...

Car: Skoda Octavia '00

Electric window on the drivers side gets 'stuck' on the way up. I have to bring it down a bit to unlock it and then slowly bring it back up again, sometimes with help from my hand pushing the window up! I was told it could be the regulator, supposed to be fairly common problem..so I'm told!

Can anyone recommend someone decent to fix this (Cork City south) for me without putting me over a barrel:eek:

jerry collins skoda in ballineen should be able to do it no probs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

jerry collins skoda in ballineen should be able to do it no probs

I was trying to avoid main dealers, they would only rip me off (bought the car from Jerry in the first place)...so I got an independent mechanic to do the work, all sorted now.

Advertisement