Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Comic Con 2009

Options
  • 07-05-2009 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Is there going to be one? Recession ? blah blah blah the site is still empty:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

No new info since your last post I wouldn't worry they don't normally post any info for it till much later in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 bmthlove

.... will take place the 13th,14th and 15th November this year apparently.
    No venue or guest speakers have been announced yet though.
    See ya'll there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Yup, the con will indeed take place on those dates.

John got held up this year with personal business but he's working hell for leather on it right now.

I'd expect an announcement soon.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Is there going to be one? Recession ? blah blah blah the site is still empty:(

You're more likely to get a response by contacting info(a)dublincitycomiccon.com than you are posting here. The pattern so far seems to have involved comparatively little information about the con being available online well in advance, so I wouldn't stress too much about the lack of information about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sammysteiger

Con site gone...........looks like funds were not paid to keep it afloat. On teh plus side, was in Dublin yesturday and Forbidden Planet comic prices reduced, excellent!
    Trip was worth it, also have to say staff were cool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

A quick WHOIS search shows that the registration for the domain hasn't changed yet. I've emailed the registrant to point out that the domain's expired, but TBH the site wasn't used all that much in past years so I doubt it'd be a great loss. That being said, if you wanted to get a definite answer as to whether the Con is going ahead this year, you could go to whois.net, search for the domain and contact the organisers that way...

Right, I had an email back stating that the domain expiration issue is in hand and asking me to refer to this facebook page if I had any other queries.

I'm locking this thread now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement