Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproof paint for a shower room ?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Hi I am having a problem in my shower room where the paint is flaking off due to the damp. Is there a paint that you can get that is tougher in bathrooms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Yes there is specific bathroom paint but this is not the reason your is flaking most likely..

The specific bathroom paint is mould resistant and water proof to a limit.... Not shower proof folks!!!

If your paint is flaking its one of 2 reasons

1. It prob was not applied correctly - sorry

2. You dont use the bathroom fan

But to answer you question there is a bathroom pain and the major chains have an own brand cheaper version.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Yes there is specific bathroom paint but this is not the reason your is flaking most likely..

The specific bathroom paint is mould resistant and water proof to a limit.... Not shower proof folks!!!

If your paint is flaking its one of 2 reasons

1. It prob was not applied correctly - sorry

2. You dont use the bathroom fan

But to answer you question there is a bathroom pain and the major chains have an own brand cheaper version.

Thanks I am going to B&Q next week so will get some there. The paint put on ( not by me) I dont think it was good quality to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

The Bathroom paint you can buy will oly be waterproof to a extent. Your best bet would be to use a Damp Proof paint. It'll be a white paint normally and you'll be able to paint straight over the damp wall. Obviously removing the flaking first. Another way to prevent flaking is to mix the paint you're planning on using with a bonding primer. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Sútalún wrote: »
    The Bathroom paint you can buy will oly be waterproof to a extent. Your best bet would be to use a Damp Proof paint. It'll be a white paint normally and you'll be able to paint straight over the damp wall. Obviously removing the flaking first. Another way to prevent flaking is to mix the paint you're planning on using with a bonding primer. Hope this helps.

Thanks I will try that . :)

Advertisement