Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New O2 postpay Ad-Ons, FREE!!

• 07-05-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭

Didnt see another thread on this so here is goes

O2 seem to have new free add ons if your on the O2 clear 350 plan and above, or an iphone tariff.

New_Bitmap_Image_3.jpg

I just rang up and and added in the free evening and weekend to any irish mobile and landline.

It applys to new and existing customers. You can change your free add on once every month. If your on the 30 day notice plan it will last for 18 months, otherwise it will last for the period of your contract with O2.

All the T&Cs are here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Finally, a decent amount of data on a monthly plan. Well done O2.

Let's hope it starts something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

For €55 a month they'd want to be giving you some incentive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

That's bloody nice. I need to look into this when I get a chance! Rid of data bundle, free any network texts, love it!

T+C need to be looked over - you can't use the data in a modem (this is a T+C restriction rather than a technical restrict again I would guess) or for "continuous video streaming" (whatever that is).

Certainly a nice step though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

its still a lot to spend on a phone every month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Seems like the best deal out there at the moment!my contract with vodafone is up tomorrow and in seriously considering porting to O2.Im on Perfect Choice 400,costs €69.Reckon if I switch to O2 Clear 350 with unlimited text add on,it should cost €50(18 month contract).Thats nearly €20 a month!I've been with Vodafone for 15 years but think its time for a change.Very hard to turn down an offer like that!Anyone else jumping ship?Anyone got any recommendations on which phone I should pick from O2(€50 or under)Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Whats their website like these days? is it still up and down like a hooker or is it more reliable for the webtexts??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

webtexts don't seem to be as down as they used to be.

Is it only ONE add on per customer at a time with the above or is it all of them for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

They recently updated it, but have noticed it 's down the odd time between 11pm and 4am. Finding it faster and more reliable since the update though

Cormie..Yeh,its only one of those extras although I think you can switch it from month to month.I rang customer service yesterday and they told me webtexts can be used to text international numbers,which is handy for me cos my bro lives in USA.So I reckon Im going to switch tomorrow!!Seems like too good a deal to turn down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Their webtext service, when it works (which to be fair is most times) is superb. 250 worldwide texts for free. I text straight from my desktop using Cabbage: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165333

Pity it's only one add on as the whole lot would have been mighty attractive :) (I'm with o2 anyway but on a business package but this would have been much better than the business package if it was each of them)

• Advertisement

True,it would be nice to get all of them but,for my usage,it still seems to be the best deal out there.Unless somebody recommends another network??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

toby2111 wrote: »
    Cormie..Yeh,its only one of those extras although I think you can switch it from month to month.I rang customer service yesterday and they told me webtexts can be used to text international numbers,which is handy for me cos my bro lives in USA.So I reckon Im going to switch tomorrow!!Seems like too good a deal to turn down.

If you are going to use O2 webtext to text the USA be aware of the following issue for the person trying to respond.

Texts are not sent in the international +353 format, rather 00353 (which is not the "dial out" code for the USA (or Australia for example)

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=744

a more recent post about them trying to fix the problem

http://forums.o2online.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=3849

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

Baza210 wrote: »
    For €55 a month they'd want to be giving you some incentive..

Im spending over 200 for my bill, its o2 would love to change but im in a bloody contract :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Im spending over 200 for my bill, its o2 would love to change but im in a bloody contract :(

change plan or change network? doesnt matter if you're in a contract you can still change your tariff, if you're spending 200 a month on a bill you're on the wrong tariff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Genghis

I don’t know, €55 seems an awful lot to me!

I am on an O2 clear package. Its €20 per month and it gives me:
    • Unlimited (free) calls to all O2 numbers and to all landlines all day 7 days a week

I then add on 250mb mobile internet (at cost of €7.53 per month) and that gives me
    • 250 free texts (using the excellent app Cabbage) – In 13 months I have never needed more than 250 texts (sending 5-6 texts per day)
    • “Practically Unlimited” Internet – In 13 months I have gone over my limit once and I consider myself a heavy user of mobile internet.

My monthly bill is €27.53 plus charges for calls to non 02 mobiles. This generally adds less than €10 to my bill as I use landlines and texting to avoid other mobiles (Wife, parents and about half my friends are O2 so they are all free calls).

Also the package is 30-day notice, granted I have to own my own phone, but I can leave at any time if a better offer comes along. But for €35 odd per month I never think about how long I am talking to my wife, family and most of my friends, and I never have to worry about cost of texting and I don’t worry about limiting my internet use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What on earth is costing you 200 a month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

I agree you are spending too much. PM me I should be able to sort something out for you.

Advertisement