Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ceramic knife blade

• 07-05-2009 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all,

Would anyone know where in Dublin city I could purchase a knife with a ceramic blade?

Any help would be great.

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

I looked but could never find any. I know that Stock, beside Stephens Green, do stock Kyocera ceramic mandolins and peelers, but I don't know about knives.

In the end I picked mine up while on holidays in Pennsylvania.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I guess the kitchen supply shop on pearse street.

Also Kitchen Compliments at the top of Drury street, besidde chatam street.

And BT probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Are you planning on hijacking a plane :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 PinkLady001

Hi,

We bought ours on ebay, much cheaper and the shipping wasn't too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a ceramic knife blade used for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

dh0661 wrote: »
    Please excuse my ignorance but what is a ceramic knife blade used for.

cutting things;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceramic_knife

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

rocknchef wrote: »
    cutting things;)

Thanks, I had never heard of a ceramic knife before - and as I was posting the question I was saying to myself, you should be googling ceramic knife and not making a fool of yourself around these boards :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Thanks, I had never heard of a ceramic knife before - and as I was posting the question I was saying to myself, you should be googling ceramic knife and not making a fool of yourself around these boards :o.
    :) like the builders sending the new young lads off to buy a glass hammer in the hardware shop!

Some think its a conspiracy that gillete etc do not make ceramic blades for shaving as they would destroy the disposable market. Just like up until the last few years you could not get rechargeable batteries in supermarkets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭rocknchef

Im a believer that no question is a stupid question:)

Advertisement