Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victorinox Paring Knives

Options
  • 07-05-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

About 5 years back I picked up the serrated version of these bad boys (CAT132 - 6.7633) in a Swiss supermarket - for less than €3. Can't live without it - it still will go right through a tomato like butter. I was back a month or so ago and stocked up again. I think they cost about €4 here, but WELL worth it. Paring, peeling, tomatoes etc. I bought one steak knife which is the best bread knife I've ever used. Fabulously frugal!

http://www.peterson.ie/brands/victorinox-swiss-army-knives/paring-knives.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,780 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

olaola - Which Swiss supermarket - Migros? Coop? Other?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Got the last ones in Coop (was quite a small one), but saw them in most supermarkets. They were 3.5CHF a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Yeah they're excelent.
    Such value for money this should almost be put in the "bargain alerts" section!

enda1 wrote: »
    Yeah they're excelent.
    Such value for money this should almost be put in the "bargain alerts" section!

I wonder how much they are in Petersons? I might pop in later and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,780 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks olaola. I'll have a look in my local one next week when I'm back. Heading back home today to see Mrs Billy & Jrs I & II. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They're about 4 quid here yeah, Tommy Varden in Galway have them in stock, I use them for fruit moustly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sort of off topic, most will know victorinox make swiss army knives, my knife is still grand after many years of use. Victorinox bought out wegner who also make swiss army knives.

I just wanted an excuse to post a pic of this badboy, which is really on sale.
    Swiss+knife.jpg
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Wenger-THE-GIANT-KNIFE-Swiss-Army-Knife-NEW_W0QQitemZ320278969326QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a921d3bee&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

http://www.bladeforums.com/

Did anyone manage to pick up one of these? I am typing with three fingers on my left hand cos I chopped the tip off my index finger with one last night! Just a wee bit - but enough to 'flatten' it off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

olaola wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to pick up one of these? I am typing with three fingers on my left hand cos I chopped the tip off my index finger with one last night! Just a wee bit - but enough to 'flatten' it off!!!

ive done that to :D
    victorinox knives are great i like there handels used loads of different knives in kitchen globals hankel, Seki, sabtia and the victorinox where always great :)

Advertisement