Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd-hand bookshops in South Dublin City Centre?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Hi, there seems to be less of these around, despite the "current economic climate". The only one I can think of which is open on weekdays is the "Secret Book and Record Store" on Wicklow St.

Apart from small charity shops, can anyone think of other ones that are still open? (on week days also - i know Temple Bar and a few other places do books at weekends). Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Chapters and Hodges Fidges are the two best bookshops in town, Hodges have a bargain basement downstairs (Decent selection, found a couple of good Nick Hornby novels down there, as well as some history books and a book by Gerry Adams, around 4 or 5 euro each) Chapters is on Parnell st. which might as well be in the south city centre if we're talking about Wicklow st. in the same breath. Chapters has a huge second hand section, including a full collection of the Waverly novels by Walter Scott for 125 euro (And old edition) I'd buy it in an instant if, you know, I had any money :)

Look through the stickied thread in this forum, found out about a few places there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Also, try the Oxfam bookshop at the end of Templebar (Very good selection of books for a small shop) and the bookshop in George st. arcade - yer man in there has quite a few out of print books (Mainly all out of print books actually) Broad selection though mainly Irish interest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

There's an Oxfam at the Bloomfield end of that pedestrianised main street in Dun Laoghaire, as well as a fairly large second-hand bookstore at the other end.

I think the bookshop on Dalkey Main St sells second-hand too.

Advertisement