Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which memory?

• 07-05-2009 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

This may seem like a silly question but which memory on a phone holds text messages?
    is it the same as photos.etc... Does a memory card increase the number of text messages you can store?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

aster99 wrote: »
    This may seem like a silly question but which memory on a phone holds text messages?
    is it the same as photos.etc... Does a memory card increase the number of text messages you can store?

Having a memory card can increase the amount of texts you hold yes. All phones wont be the same so, post what phone you have. Nokia for example, you can choose if you want to use the phone or card memory to store the texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

i only really use phone for calls and texts. never use camera or music or internet.

i saw a nokia that i was thinking about buying on ebay-nokia 7100. looks nice. but the memory is only 4mb which to me sounded small. any idea how many texts this would hold?

should also have added that there is no option to use a memory card with this phone so the built in memory is all thats availible

You would probably get about 3500 texts on it. Texts can slow down a phone, especially one with a small one like this. I would backup the texts on a pc then delete them regularly not to over load the phone.

ok thanks, that would suit fine. At the moment i have an old 6230i and i only get about 175 texts on it before its full. why would this be? its advertised i thought as having 24mb memory so should it not get way more seeing as the above poster said 4mb should get 3,500 texts. am i missing something?

• Advertisement

aster99 wrote: »
    ok thanks, that would suit fine. At the moment i have an old 6230i and i only get about 175 texts on it before its full. why would this be? its advertised i thought as having 24mb memory so should it not get way more seeing as the above poster said 4mb should get 3,500 texts. am i missing something?

The texts are probably storing on the sim. The 7100 has 4MB storage after what it needs for the phone to operate etc, that just over 4000KB, and a text would range from 1-2KB.

ok thanks and is there some way of setting up so that the texts will save on the phone and not sim? can i even do this with the 6230i some how?

Im pretty sure the 6230i would be to old

no problem, thanks so much for all the help. much appreciated!

Advertisement