Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i just dont get it?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

If i accepted a business level 6 course and use the ladder system i can come away with the same degree as a person that accepted a level 8 business course?Then why have 2 seperate courses?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

So that people who might have difficulty getting the entrance requirements for the level 8 course can with a couple of extra years achieve it.

People learn in different ways and some take longer than others to find the learning style that suits them.

I can get to the airport by walking, someone else can go by bus or by taxi, or in a private limo. At the end of the day, we're all at the airport and only the really petty think it makes a difference how each of us got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Generally speaking, if you sign yourself up for a Level 8 course, that'll be about 3 or 4 years. Level 6 could be 1 or 2, which suits some people better. If you're not entirely sure that you want to be in it for 3/4 years, going for Level 6 may suit you better. It might take longer using the ladder system and is also dependent on you doing well in your course etc. Whereas going straight into a Level 8 one is essentially locking you into 3/4 years or no degree, but there's also reasonable certainty that if you get into it, you can come out with that level of qualification, I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

spurious wrote: »
    So that people who might have difficulty getting the entrance requirements for the level 8 course can with a couple of extra years achieve it.

People learn in different ways and some take longer than others to find the learning style that suits them.

I can get to the airport by walking, someone else can go by bus or by taxi, or in a private limo. At the end of the day, we're all at the airport and only the really petty think it makes a difference how each of us got there.

Excellent way of putting it!:D

Advertisement