Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Upgrade

• 07-05-2009 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

My trusty nokia e65 finally broke after 2years of abuse. Went into Meteor store today to buy new nokia 5800 and they werent aware it was on their network which they found funny- i found it insane.
    went to carphone warehouse and they handed me my new nokia- on meteor and went to sign up my upgrade.. i was told my upgrade date was april 22 by manager in meteor store. meteor however say its june 22nd as my upgrade date, only my contract ended april 22 so i had to hand the phone back!!
    I called 1905 and meteor said they wouldnt push the upgrade as it wasnt their fault i was told the wrong date, they told me the stor manager can fix it as it was his doing. rang the manager and again he thought it was funny and that he couldnt change it, only meteor can.
    so i called back meteor and the same guy told me its not his problem as it wasnt someone there that told me the wrong date. had it been their fault they'd fix it for me.
    so no i'm without a phone and the other networks really dont suit how i use my phone, it'd cost me a fortune to switch to their plans.
    does anyone know how to get my upgrade date changed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

but you have a 2 year old phone? meteors upgrades are now generally either 12, 14 or 18 months which is closer to you?

What way are your bills in comparison to what they should be? If theyre higher than theyre meant to be then ring 1905, ask to speak to a supervisor or credit control cause you need a phone and are considering moving networks to get one. Its not a lie. And im not suggesting a way to cheat the system, just how I got my upgrade cause I was in the same situation. They changed my date for me, got my phone but not the upgrading bonus (which would usually be maybe 3 or 400 texts?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

the e65 is well worth fixing if it's not a complete write off, take it to you nearest nokia service center, There's a 2yr warranty on the e65 so you might get lucky and get it fixed for nothing....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Shelly23 wrote: »
    My trusty nokia e65 finally broke after 2years of abuse. Went into Meteor store today to buy new nokia 5800 and they werent aware it was on their network which they found funny- i found it insane.

Because it's not on their network, at least, not yet

I think the staff in store would be a bit more aware of what they have than you would. CPW is not Meteor. They sell Meteor tariffs. They have different phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

This post has been deleted.

Not always. I can assure you that you can walk into any Meteor store now, and you cannot get it at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

carphone warehouse sell the 5800 on meteor billpay since last week.

you will have to shout the walls down to get an upgrade date changed, and even then you might be unlucky. threatening to move networks wont work either. they dont care....the date is the date is the date. its based on spend and not time.

Advertisement