Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Super HW Division

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭mikethemouth

thats a myth dude ... bit like the 200m mayweather myth !!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

thats a myth dude ... bit like the 200m mayweather myth !!!

Whats a myth?

rovert wrote: »
    Whats a myth?

that dana has offered too meet fedors wage demands. 1st i ve heard of it.
    he offered to sign him a couple of years back but fedor knocked him back to due to reasons i have already stated.
    since then we ve had to endure the countless ranting from dana (failed boxer) white that silva is pound for pound king etc and where he has continually dissed fedor.

have you any evidence to support that statement ...any quotes etc ?

that dana has offered too meet fedors wage demands. 1st i ve heard of it.
    he offered to sign him a couple of years back but fedor knocked him back to due to reasons i have already stated.
    since then we ve had to endure the countless ranting from dana (failed boxer) white that silva is pound for pound king etc and where he has continually dissed fedor.

have you any evidence to support that statement ...any quotes etc ?

UFC DID offer a million a fight base salary. The reason why UFC didn’t sign has nothing to do with Fedor’s direct salary it had more to do with the demands of his management vs the terms of a UFC contract.

If you are look for evidence it is probably the most widely known and written story about MMA on the internet.

UFC DID offer a million a fight base salary. The reason why UFC didn’t sign has nothing to do with Fedor’s direct salary it had more to do with the demands of his management vs the terms of a UFC contract.

If you are look for evidence it is probably the most widely known and written story about MMA on the internet.

a million a fight base salary ....please show me some evidence !!!! this is not true i,m afraid.

issues with management and terms of a contract ...if you read my previous posts you would realise i have already these made points in this thread !!!!!!

• Advertisement

a million a fight base salary ....please show me some evidence !!!! this is not true i,m afraid.

What was he offered then? He was offered that salary when Randy wanted to fight him.

http://urdirt.com/2009/02/25/lorenzo-fertitta-says-ufc-offered-fedor-more-money-then-affliction/

Others in the MMA media confirmed this as true.
    issues with management and terms of a contract ...if you read my previous posts you would realise i have already these made points in this thread !!!!!!

I did read your post and you were speaking only in generals terms. Besides none of the conditions you mentioned has anything to do with why Fedor didn’t sign. There was no mention by you of UFC's exclusivity clause for example.

What was he offered then? He was offered that salary when Randy wanted to fight him.

http://urdirt.com/2009/02/25/lorenzo-fertitta-says-ufc-offered-fedor-more-money-then-affliction/

Others in the MMA media confirmed this as true.

I did read your post and you were speaking only in generals terms. Besides none of the conditions you mentioned has anything to do with why Fedor didn’t sign. There was no mention by you of UFC's exclusivity clause for example.

thats complete bullshi* in my view that forum link ....read it before....i have no faith in that supposed statement...anyway thats my view ... i mean theres no details there ...was it one off fight deal ...was it 2 yr contract ..where did the exclusivity deal fit in etc

the sambo issue is another reason agreed ...in fairness with the way this thing has been dragged through the media i cant see fedor ever signing with ufc .

thats complete bullshi* in my view that forum link ....read it before....i have no faith in that supposed statement...anyway thats my view.

Sorry but there is a lot of bull**** in relation to this story around but that isnt one of them. Money aint the issue it is control and terms which is the primary issue here.

EDIT: That is not to say Fedor likes the general clauses in UFC contracts.

Sorry but there is a lot of bull**** in relation to this story around but that isnt one of them. Money aint the issue it is control and terms which is the primary issue here.

agreed control and terms are hugely important but i think money is also a huge factor. countless "ex" ufc fighters have spoken about the way ufc runs itself in this respect and it leaves alot to be desired.
    i suppose this is why affliction and co have sprung up amoungst other reasons. while i d love to see ufc have a major competitor i dont think the sport is big enough yet to support this in a popular appeal context.
    one possible reason imo why affliction might succeed though is that fighters will realise "wait i can have alot more autonomy and control over my career signing with this company etc". ultimately over time the ufc's role as a promoter will reduce and thats why dana panicks and freaks over the mere mention of the word "competition".
    while mma will never be as big as boxing , over time as the sport continues to grow the increased revenues will mean fighters will want more say hence more fractions and break ups ...similar to boxing with the countless different organisations.
    ufc and dana white have done an amazing job up to this point but there will be serious challenges for them in the yrs ahead...could possily e victims of their own success.
    zuffa should definetly think of getting a new PR frontman ..white's coarse nature as a spokesperson will ensure it will take much longer for the sport to go further mainstream imo

Advertisement