Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Degree Question?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Ive put Business down as 1st choice on my cao.I would just like to know what people think of it.Is it worth commiting to it for 4 years.Which is the best option management/accounting/marketing?thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i have business as my first choice in my level 8 and level 6/7.

it depends if you like the subject and which area are you good at and would enjoy.for me,i hate accounting.i hate the maths part of business which is why i've picked the broad business so it gives me a go at parts of the business course and see which i take an interest in.i also have management and marketing a few times on my cao

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Out of curiosity, where is your course for?
    Dublin?
    Limerick?
    Cork?

I'm a 1st Year BBS student in UL, and so far it is pretty great. They ease you in gently, and the first 3 semesters give you a chance to try out the different options.
    So far I've done Marketing, Accounting (Financial and Managerial), Business Maths, Management, and Micro and Macro Economics

It's a really good system, and it gives you a good chance to see what you want to do.

So far I am looking towards Marketing.:)

Accounting especially requires a bit of an effort, and the Economics modules are pretty tough, IMHO anyways.

What Business subjects are you doing BTW?
    Economics could help you a lot.

Overall though, so far so good!!!

Let me know if you want any more info!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tinchy

hi, im in 4th year business, finished in 2 weeks :D
    tbh i found it a little boring by the time you get to 3rd or 4th year but thats just my opinion, i wasnt that interested in business from the beginning anyway just didnt know what else to do.

depending on which college you go to, usually you will get to try mgmt/acc/mark and other subjects at the start then choose which you are most interested in!

accounting can be tough, you need to really like maths. i, like another poster above dont really like the maths side of business so i choose mgmt. good but very general.
    good luck with whatever you do, if you need more info pm me :)

Advertisement