Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Mature Student Interviews!

Options
  • 07-05-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know when UL's mature student interviews are being held?
    I've applied for Sociology and Social Sciences under the HPSS degree programme. Maybe I'm being very impatient but when I read about other Uni's and interviews it gets me worried...haha...
    Has anyone else applied as a mature student to UL?

Thanks...

Kevin..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shellym23

Hi Kevin

My friend applied for a humanities course in UL last year and was called for interview in June and was offered a place in July. Hope this helps.

Michelle

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xinchao

Thanks for the reply Michelle. Was beginning to get a little bit worried as I haven't heard anything back from them as of yet. But that has put my mind at ease for the meantime...Thanks..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

Good luck with the interview OP. I sat mine last year and am almost finished my first year at Sligo IT. Cannot believe it has gone so fast....flew thru!!!

cheers Denman,
    Any tips for the interview? ;)

Hi Kevin.

They will ask you about your previous past and what makes you suitable for the course in general, i.e what skills you have that will benefit it and what you can learn from it. It's just a way of making sure you are suitable to it and will feel comfortable and at ease with it.

Hope you get it man. Just be honest and confident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Have an answer prepared to how you'll cope with study work load and also about how you will/can support yourself financially .

Read up on the course itself, what modules you study etc.

Most of all be yourself.

My interview was 10th June last year. They usually call you 2 weeks before so expect to hear from them in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

hi,

ya i applied to UL in march as well. Still haven't heard word.
    Hopefully in the next few weeks

hi folks!
    Just got a letter from UL stating that my interview is on June 4th. Pheeww....
    Looking forward to it...Just need to prepare for it :D

Good luck with it Kevin. Do your best.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

xinchao wrote: »
    hi folks!
    Just got a letter from UL stating that my interview is on June 4th. Pheeww....
    Looking forward to it...Just need to prepare for it :D
    Good luck. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Denman and Smashey...:D

Advertisement