Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UEFA cup semi-finals 2nd Leg

• 07-05-2009 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭

Shakhtar Donetsk v Dynamo Kiev, (agg 1-1) 17:30

Hamburg v Werder Bremen, (agg 1-0) 19:45

Both games on Setanta Ireland if there's anyone else planning to watch them.

I think the Ukrainian tie will go to penalties myself. Not sure if Kiev can win this leg but they are more than capable of getting a 1-1 out of it. Indeed they have to push on and try to score at some point.

I think Hamburg will win again against Bremen despite not actually needing to do so.

Hamburg home form in the Bundesliga 12 2 1
    Bremen away form in the Bundesliga 1 5 9

As a Tottenham fan i'd like to see Martin Jol win the UEFA Cup with Hamburg.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I have €5 on Diego to score 2 or more @ 20/1. He is a fantastic player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shakhtar 1 up. Doesn't really change anything. Kiev still need a goal to have a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Another dodgy refereeing decision. Kyiv scored, then the linesman put up the flag, AFTER it went in. Right call, in fairness, but flag was very late.

Kiev get their equaliser. Sliced open the defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Kiev equalize 2 minutes into the second half. 2-2 agg, on course for extra time/penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Ah damn. A late Barca goal screwed me last night. Today I couldn't get of my job to back Shakhtar and they score a late one. Haven't won a football bet in ages.

So one half of the last "UEFA Cup" final is Shakhtar Donetsk. Likely to be them and Hamburg to battle it out but we shall see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Diego Diego Diego Diego

1-1 (2-1 ) hamburg atm.

They trying to kill Diego who has just been booked and ruled out of final if they get there:( Olic already tried to murder him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Diego out of the final. Couldnt be a bigger blow for Werder if they do go through.

Diego scores again and im €100 richer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Shíté forget this was on.

How is Diego playing?

Match any good?

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Shíté forget this was on.

How is Diego playing?

Match any good?

Decent game, lots of mistakes being the UEFA Cup.

Diego is awesome but going to sent off methinks.

2-2 agg atm werder winning :confused::eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Terrible from the keeper to let that in, Bremen 1-2 up now. 2-2 on aggregate, Bremen ahead on away goals

3-1 over tbh

lol at what caused the corner tho :D

dreamers75 wrote: »
    3-1 over tbh

lol at what caused the corner tho :D

I don't think that anybody will own up to throwing that onto the pitch

3-3 ohhhh interesting

i like Olic, hard working bastid

So the 2009 UEFA Cup final will be Shakhtar Donetsk vs Werder Bremen.

Good game, two controversial disallowed goals, 5 goals, keeper flaps at a corner at the end and the other keeper nearly capatilises and a piece of paper gets the assist for the winner

Good game, two controversial disallowed goals, 5 goals, keeper flaps at a corner at the end and the other keeper nearly capatilises and a piece of paper gets the assist for the winner

Pretty boring UEFA Cup semi final by previous standards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

And surprisingly Hamburg weren't trying to attack the referee for not giving those 2 penalties at the end.

Advertisement