Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Col200sx wrote: »
    Just went over to Zhivago on Shop St to buy them, got 3 adult tickets, handed €50 expecting to get a fiver back, but no, he asked me for €51, they are charging €2 booking fee PER TICKET.

I was about to say hang on a second and tell them where to go, but the club needs the support so I took them for the price.

Bear in mind you only find out at the till, as it's not advertised anywhere else.

That's bad form, €2 fee on a €15 ticket. That's a 13.3% mark up on the price.

Not happy with it:mad:

EDIT:
    Proof (here's scanned receipt):

106094.jpg

Was it a Ticketmaster event? I think a lot of Irish clubs use Ticketmaster to sell their tickets now. I used to work in a branch in Loughrea and all tickets had a €2.25 agency fee on every ticket. I don't think the outlet even got all that so its prob not even an option not to charge it

Hey all,

Just wondering if I could ask anyone a huge favour?

My brother is a huge Hull fan, but can't make it to the game in Galway (ironically, because he's flying over to Hull!) and it's wrecking his head. I was wondering if anyone who is attending the game would be able to pick up an event program or some kind of merchandise along those lines (I go to WWE Wrestling events and they always sell Event programs, but I've never been to football, so I'm not sure if the same is true) and post it to me in Louth (Drogheda)?

I'd be looking for something Hull/Galway/Ireland specific (ie; not just a random piece of Hull merchandise that can be gotten on tigerleisure.com).

Anyone able to help at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Faz Kudozovic has signed for GUFC according to a number of papers. Add to that Bobby ryan is close to signing and John Russell hasn't left yet that potentially leaves a midfield of Derek O'Brien, Bobby Ryan, Stephen O'Donnell, Faz and possibly Russell. Not much better in the league at the moment!
    Er, Faz has signed for Dundalk, and Russell has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Sligo once his injury has cleared up. Whatever about Faz, any United fan knew a week ago that Russell was gone. Pity, but there you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

jamc wrote: »
    Was it a Ticketmaster event? I think a lot of Irish clubs use Ticketmaster to sell their tickets now. I used to work in a branch in Loughrea and all tickets had a €2.25 agency fee on every ticket. I don't think the outlet even got all that so its prob not even an option not to charge it

Yes it is a Ticketmaster event. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

ScumLord wrote: »
    I can never get over this booking fee, that's a complete lie it's not a booking fee if your buying the ticket there and then.

Which is why it is called an agency fee....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GUFC2009

Hey all,

Just wondering if I could ask anyone a huge favour?

My brother is a huge Hull fan, but can't make it to the game in Galway (ironically, because he's flying over to Hull!) and it's wrecking his head. I was wondering if anyone who is attending the game would be able to pick up an event program or some kind of merchandise along those lines (I go to WWE Wrestling events and they always sell Event programs, but I've never been to football, so I'm not sure if the same is true) and post it to me in Louth (Drogheda)?

I'd be looking for something Hull/Galway/Ireland specific (ie; not just a random piece of Hull merchandise that can be gotten on tigerleisure.com).

Anyone able to help at all?

There will be a match programme on sale. I will try to get you one. For games like this they are usually sold out fairly quickly.
    Lovely evening here in Galway for the game. Tickets will be on sale at the gate for anyone considering going along, but give yourself at least 20min as there will be delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Tedole wrote: »
    Er, Faz has signed for Dundalk, and Russell has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Sligo once his injury has cleared up. Whatever about Faz, any United fan knew a week ago that Russell was gone. Pity, but there you go
    Russell hadn't been named in the press release oof Sligo's squad last week so it was pretty much just grasping onto straws. On Faz, he may well have put a big dent in our wage bill so I guess he's Dundalks problem now.:)

GUFC2009 wrote: »
    There will be a match programme on sale. I will try to get you one. For games like this they are usually sold out fairly quickly.
    Lovely evening here in Galway for the game. Tickets will be on sale at the gate for anyone considering going along, but give yourself at least 20min as there will be delays.

If you could get one for me it'd be fantastic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Some decent performances by United players tonight, looks good for the season ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Looks like we could struggle for a goalscorer again though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So what was the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

Galway utd 0 (no surprise)
    Hull city 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

talked to a friend (mong) that supports gufc. why was (according to him) "war tongiht" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Didn't see anything on or off the pitch that I'd describe as war last night. Some good performances, but a few of them have a lot of work to do to sharpen up for the start of the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,900 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There was some eijits shouting abuse at the Hull players, particularly at Zaki. Using words that shouldn't have been used in front of kids and setting a bad example in general.

That's what I heard from two different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

mars bar wrote: »
    There was some eijits shouting abuse at the Hull players, particularly at Zaki. Using words that shouldn't have been used in front of kids and setting a bad example in general.

That's what I heard from two different people.

Didn't hear any abuse being shouted. All I heard was boos when Mcshane touched the ball. Looks like people havent forgiven him for the henry affair yet

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

Bit disgraceful from our point of view.Hull came over to play when they are in the middle of a hard season for them so should have all been cheered for even coming over.Its money for the club after all.Especially bad form to boo a fellow irish player.Typical irish sure:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭carmex21

Zaki got booed as he had managed to cause some bloody damage to a face using his elbow.
    Yes he was booed but it was nearly in a pantomine fashion. No abuse, swearing or argo that i could hear and i was sitting next to the guys doing the hollering. They also happened to be the only section in that stand that were seriously cheering on United and really got the crowd hootering and hollering....
    No harm done as far as I could see or hear....

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

RichCRX wrote: »
    Bit disgraceful from our point of view.Hull came over to play when they are in the middle of a hard season for them so should have all been cheered for even coming over.

Didn't see which Hull player gave Heary an elbow to the nose but whoever it was deserved the booing. There'll always be a bit of banter about but I didn't hear one bit of 'abuse' last night. Good chance to see some signings and a decent crowd, some of which may return to see a proper match.

It was Zaki that elbowed Heary. Don't think it was intentional though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭RichCRX

I was replying to the boo's at mcshane and YES i know its banter and all that but still no need to excessively do it. I wasn't at the match myself just seen the "boo's at mcshane" and abuse comments and thought it was a bit stupid on our behalf.And although ye may not have heard any abuse, some people must have otherwise there wouldnt have been the talk of it.After all i'm sure ye weren't in every area of the stadium to hear it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I was replying to the boo's at mcshane
    Sure the boos could have been from Hull fans... they think he's rubbish. :D

I think they actually were.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wouldn't surprise me. This video sums it up:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Ahhh, sarcasm at it's finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

First of all this someone said to me that McShane was booed and that if it was said there must be some truth to it. Some people would see one or a couple of people booing McShane and exaggerate it to make out the whole ground were booing him.

There was no real booing I could hear just a bit of a shout when he got the ball to let him know there were fans there. I'd mark it as similar to an up and under in rugby where the crowd are trying to let the opposition know they are there. Its extremely light hearted stuff and I'm sure McShane was scarcely bothered by any of it if he heard it at all.

The game was played out in a very quiet atmosphere I thought. There was applause for the Hull City goal and the evening seemed to pass off well even if the size of the crowd was slightly dissapointing. If there was abuse for any Hull player it shouldn't be condoned but I'd prefer hearing first hand from these people who claim they hear abuse being shouted at Hull players and find out what area of the ground they were in, maybe then we could establish if there's any weight behind the accusations.

With regard to the Galway United squad it was a reasonable performance. We've lost some good players and will need Stephen O'Donnell back midfield but encouraging displays from Barry Ryan (as usual), Bobby Ryan,Reynell,Mckenzie looked ok,Flood up front looked decent hopefully we can sign him. Goals may be a problem but hopefully we can make ourselves into a hard team to beat and try and build from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

Typical irish sure:rolleyes:

That is very far from typical Irish in fairness. Irish people are known for being good fans, why would you say this is typical Irish? I see people say this all the time about bad things done by Irish people, claiming they are typical when they are clearly the opposite. It's incomprehensible.

The game was played out in a very quiet atmosphere I thought.
    I agree. It was a friendly after all though.

• Advertisement

Galway United Supporters Trust will be running a bus to the Premier Division match against St Patricks Athletic at Richmond Park on Friday evening, 5th March. The bus will depart from the Marriott Hotel, Headford Road, at 4.00pm sharp. Seats can be booked by ringing Ronan Coleman at (087) . The bus is for GUST members only. Membership costs just 5 euro, forms will be available on the bus, and are also available on-line at www.galwayunitedfc.net

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement