Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 soundcity

The management of Zhivago would like to response to the thread below:
    As an agent of Ticketmaster it is the practice of Ticketmaster to issue an agency fee / service charge of around 2.25 per ticket.
    In the past Zhivago had always sold tickets for the Galway UTD games when they were not connected to ticketmaster so therefore the tickets did not carry the fee.
    Now however the tickets are sold through Ticketmaster a service which Zhivago in turn pays for.
    Zhivago has always supported Galway UTD over the years.
    I hope you understand this.
    Zhivago Ticketmaster agents.

Col200sx wrote: »
    Just went over to Zhivago on Shop St to buy them, got 3 adult tickets, handed €50 expecting to get a fiver back, but no, he asked me for €51, they are charging €2 booking fee PER TICKET.

I was about to say hang on a second and tell them where to go, but the club needs the support so I took them for the price.

Bear in mind you only find out at the till, as it's not advertised anywhere else.

That's bad form, €2 fee on a €15 ticket. That's a 13.3% mark up on the price.

Not happy with it:mad:

EDIT:
    Proof (here's scanned receipt):

106094.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

soundcity wrote: »
    The management of Zhivago would like to response to the thread below:
    As an agent of Ticketmaster it is the practice of Ticketmaster to issue an agency fee / service charge of around 2.25 per ticket.
    In the past Zhivago had always sold tickets for the Galway UTD games when they were not connected to ticketmaster so therefore the tickets did not carry the fee.
    Now however the tickets are sold through Ticketmaster a service which Zhivago in turn pays for.
    Zhivago has always supported Galway UTD over the years.
    I hope you understand this.
    Zhivago Ticketmaster agents.

That's fair enough. I guess at least it's been highlighted here and people have the choice how or where they buy their tickets so live and let live

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

****ers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 shelbourneTID

Well lads whats the crack?How much is a taxi from the city centre to Drom and Terryland?Many Thanks Shelbourne TID

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

A taxi from Eyre Square taxi rank to Terryland (about 2km) would be around €6.

Drom is technically outside of the city (it's in County Galway) about 8km or 9km from Eyre Square taxi rank. I reckon €12.
    However, the call out charge to book a taxi from Drom after a game to the city centre will probably be closer to twenty quid. Drom is a fine facility but there isn't a shop nor a bar in the area There are, however, lots of fields. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GUFC2009

First Home Game of the Season
    Galway United v Bray Wanderers
    Friday Mar. 12th, KO 7.45PM

Season ticket stand upstairs in Elverys Headford Road, today from 1.15pm to 5.00pm.
    Time to get out buy your season ticket.

Adult €150 - €8.33 per game with free under 12 season ticket.
    Concession €90 - €5.00 per game - Student/OAP's.
    Social welfare recepients €100 - €5.55 per
    Family €260 - €14.44 per game
    Kids under 12 €40 - €2.22per game.

BUY NOW to get full benefit of these great prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

This is our first home league match in 2010 and should be well attended.

Bobby Ryan is set to play his first League of Ireland match in the maroon of Galway in over 8 years.

Stephen O'Donnell will serve an automatic suspension after his rather questionable dismissal in Inchicore last Friday night.

26803_353257182469_87293542469_4127452_1660089_n.jpg

"questionable dismissal" Shocking from the officials yet again.
    As for the lino who gave offside when Pats had a defender behind the keeper instead of a peno to GUFC.......
    3 out of the 5 premier division games had major f..k ups by the officials.
    Bohs got a peno for a blatant dive.
    Pulled back Bray to give a peno (which they missed) eventho striker put ball in the net. Defender should have been sent off as last man if he wasn't playing advantage, didn't even book him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Stephen O'Donnell will serve an automatic suspension after his rather questionable dismissal in Inchicore last Friday night.

Questionable ?....dunno..bit harsh maybe..was a fair stupid dive on the halfway line for the 2nd yellow..

Anyway - I'll be there(Season ticket holder) and am dragging along the other half too, see ye there

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Bring it on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

Shocking coverage form Galway Indo today - no report from United's first game of the season. Also, last week they carried fixtures for Mervue and Devon, but not United. Have United done something to them?
    Compare that to 2 page preview spread Galway Tribune gave the league last week, and full page to each of Mervue, Devon and United yesterday.

Apparently, the cops have made United change our Good Friday game from the normal time to 4.30pm kick-off. (Not actually confirmed, but I have it on good authority)

Nearly everyone works on Good Friday these days...? it isn't 1950...

Thoughts?

For what???? Because it's Dundalk? There was a bit of trouble last time they were down, but was a handful of skangers and if the cops hung around until the place was cleared, and marched visiting fans back to their bus, then there'd be no need. I'm working as well GF, that is madness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Tedole wrote: »
    For what???? Because it's Dundalk?
    Yep. :mad:

This is our first home league match in 2010 and should be well attended.

26803_353257182469_87293542469_4127452_1660089_n.jpg

Bring it On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gugsy

2-0 united tonight

gugsy wrote: »
    2-0 united tonight
    Not far off.

Galway United 2-1 Bray Wanderers it finished.

New boy Karl Sheppard and Derek O'Brien were the scorers for United.

Highlights of Galway United v Bray Wanderers

High Definition - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhVNx3dOvYE&fmt=22

Normal Quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhVNx3dOvYE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 frogwestside

nice one what was the attendence??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

nice one what was the attendence??

Saturday's Independent says official attendance was 902

• Advertisement

Highlights of game in Sligo

High definition - http://www.youtube.c...MhEmq4y0&fmt=22

Normal quality - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=OXUMhEmq4y0

Next up
    Shamrock Rovers in Terryland Park Friday night.
    Note earlier kick off time of 7.35pm.

New striker Anto Flood expected to start alongside "The Shep".

Just a reminder: earlier kick off time of 7.35pm.

Shamrock Rovers in Terryland Park Friday night.

Good Friday...Kickoff 7.45pm

GUFC v Dundalk
    Sean Connor V Ian Foster
    Terryland Park.
    Not much else to do on a Good Friday evening why not give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Mullo

Sun is shining brightly at the moment in Galway - spoke to groundsman Noel Connolly a few minutes ago, and match is definitely going ahead.

Come on United !

Forget Munster and Leinster and get out and support your local teams tongiht. Connacht at home to Edinburgh at 6, United at home to Dundalk, and former manager Ian Foster, at 7.45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

pitch_flooded.jpg

DSC00096-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

What a washout! Felt sorry for the Dundalk supporters. At least if the Mervue game doesn't go ahead later the pitch might have a bit of recovery time before Sporting Fingal

Enjoyable game last night, pity we couldn't have put the game past them. Many will point a finger at the referee... we had a good few chances to finish them off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

Highlights should be available later on today.

• Advertisement

Enjoyable game last night, pity we couldn't have put the game past them. Many will point a finger at the referee... we had a good few chances to finish them off though.

Many?.... what did the ref do?. It's always the same old story, i have NEVER been to a game in Terryland that we drew/loss and didn't hear the same aul ****e about it being the Refs fault

Seamie fouled the throw, from the resulting throw someone(i think seamie again) had their hands all over the Fingal player, and O'Neill from my view was NOT offside for the equaliser.

Stevos penalty shout wasn't much either, yes they've been given but it was by no means a stone wall peno'

To see us lose and draw and not hear it being the refs fault :rolleyes:.... if one of our ''anti-ref'' crowd was to ref our games, we'd never concede a goal, corner, free

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement