Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I don't log in, have it set to ''remember me'' ;)

BTW who am i giving out to?.... we dropped deep and payed the price, stop making excuses for once in your life. Sprouting crap about being ''anti-connacht'' in another thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

Galway United v Sporting Fingal highlights

High definition - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ecs-TsWaew&fmt=22

Normal quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ecs-TsWaew

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Many?.... what did the ref do?.

Ref was average.

Seamie fouled the throw, from the resulting throw someone(i think seamie again) had their hands all over the Fingal player, and O'Neill from my view was NOT offside for the equaliser.

Agree Seamie foul throwed and there was no need for him to take a quick throw in the first place with 2-3 min remaining(injury time). Don't agree it was a foul. He did not have his hands all over him. The Fingal player made no attempt to jump for the ball. Fingal were doing the same all night to shepard and we got none. Couldn't make out if it was offside but from my point of view i would say he was on.

Stevos penalty shout wasn't much either, yes they've been given but it was by no means a stone wall peno'

Stone wall it was. Past the last defender, about to pull on it and bundled over from behind, ala Puyol on Fabregas champions league last week.

Overall we were terrible in the first half albeit Fingal were no better. Long ball back and forth. Second half we got the ball down used the channels and we played some good stuff.
    Slightly of topic did anyone read aertal report, Made out that the first half was amazing entertaining football. Who writes this:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

"Overall we were terrible in the first half albeit Fingal were no better. Long ball back and forth"

glad i chose the sportsground for the europa cup of rugby that this ****e then
    when are ya ever going to see any international players playing at Terryland where as for the semi final of Amlin cup you get to see Johnny Wilkinson ply his trade, still worldclass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

gufcfan wrote: »
    Galway United v Sporting Fingal highlights

High definition - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ecs-TsWaew&fmt=22

Normal quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ecs-TsWaew

Wow what happened to Terryland?! the one thing Galway United had going for them was how good the pitch was. Looks like thats gone now!

axiom32 wrote: »
    "Overall we were terrible in the first half albeit Fingal were no better. Long ball back and forth"

when are ya ever going to see any international players playing at Terryland where as for the semi final of Amlin cup you get to see Johnny Wilkinson ply his trade, still worldclass
    Well done to Connacht and their 1,000 fans.

You and the 2 and a half thousand event junkies are welcome to the Sportsground.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Are you a regular at the Sportsground?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

when are ya ever going to see any international players playing at Terryland

off the top of me head Seamie Conneely

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Apples and Oranges. I was at both games last weekend. I wasn't a one or the other, if you can go to both games, why not, ok the standard in Terryland is never going to be like in the Nou Camp or wherever but at least if you go you are supporting your local club to keep going.

The Connacht game was a great occasion and a great result.It'd be great if we could see a few more of them supporters on a regular basis though, those within the environs of Galway at least.

However I was at the game Friday and while the first half was poor I thought it was entertaining in the second half.

Glen Crowe came off the bench for Sporting Fingal the last night:D. Its not too long ago the likes of Kevin Doyle, Stephen Ward, Keith Fahey etc. were playing in the LOI. Make your way down to a match and you might see some quality players. Plenty of players who have played at Terryland in recent years are now playing in England. Gary Deegan, Jay O'Shea, Seamus Coleman and others like Shane Long, David Meyler, Dave Mooney, Alan Bennett, etc. are making a good living over there.

• Advertisement

When Jay O'Shea left us, he was playing in front of a full house in Old Trafford a couple of weeks later.

The reason we aren't keeping the better players for longer in the LOI, is because of barstoolism and event junkie syndrome.

Sean Connor interviewed by Galway Bay FM's Gary Kelly.

http://www.thegkshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Sean-Connor1.mp3

TOMORROW NIGHT

wlgqr.jpg

Most exciting finish I've seen for a long time. Come out on Monday to show your respect to a team plauged with injuries and other problems who just beat the winners of the LOI 3 years in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭pablodunlop

What a win!!!

But what the hell was Stevie sent off for at the end?

What a win!!!

But what the hell was Stevie sent off for at the end?

I can imagine he pushed Cretaro at the end. Harsh, but he should have stayed out of it. Sean Connor has assembled a squad with a real will to dig deep and he should be commended for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

Was there A galway United player sent of at the end of the match???

Was there A galway United player sent of at the end of the match???
    Stephen O'Donnell.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

Has anyone found out wat for yet??

After Cretaro doved in on Sheppard, O'Donnell was right up in Cretaros face. Don't know if he deserved red but that looks what it was for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Stephen O'Donnel- what a guy! I believe he's yet to play a game for us where he hasn't been booked or sent off- CRAZY!

Some win though, and a great advert for the league and Galway United in particular. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Didn't get to see it but needless to say delighted and surprised with the win. What the club need to experience more night likes this is for big crowds to turn up and back them starting Monday Night at 7.45pm at home to Ian Foster's Dundalk. We've seen one off wins before its important this is a starting point from which to kick on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Most exciting finish I've seen for a long time. Come out on Monday to show your respect to a team plauged with injuries and other problems who just beat the winners of the LOI 3 years in a row!

It's only twice in a row so far. And the way they've played so far this season it looks like it might stay that way, hopefully. Thanks for your efforts tonight, from a very grateful SRFC fan. Considering how we started the season I am genuinely amazed that Rovers are ahead of Bohs in the table at the moment.

KOH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

What a performance and what a win! Great stuff.

Dundalk at home on Monday. 7.45 PM. This team deserves support.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I want to be the Randy Quaid character in Major League for Galway United..."Ahhh whatever..they'll blow it in the play-offs!"

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Great result, and a good performance. O' Donnell and Shepard in particular were excellent. Deserved victory in my eyes. Pity O Donnell got involved at the end and hope Barry Ryan is ok for Monday. What was Rafs problem at the end. Really liked him as a player when with Galway but after last night lost all respect for that man. He clearly swiped the legs from under Shepard and made out that it was nothing and that shepard was making a meal of it. Poor Raf "Loser".

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

Great game, it proved that the standard in the league of Ireland is quite high, hopefully doubters watchin will have there minds changed and get supportin in the stands

26385_384229132469_87293542469_4344695_7148335_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Lost 1-0 to Dundalk this evening. Dundalk are top of the league now.

Next up is Drogheda at Terryland Park, this Friday at 7:45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Why did O'Connor persist with the long ball/over the top tactic all night? It clearly wasn't working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement