Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

baldshin wrote: »
    You'll be hooked after one game!

Yes indeed. You will be saying "I'm never coming here again to watch that sh1te again..." and of course you will because the banter is good.

I have a a €10 bet on them to win FAI Cup this season in the Aviva at 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

ErnieBert wrote: »
    Yes indeed. You will be saying "I'm never coming here again to watch that sh1te again..." and of course you will because the banter is good.

I have a a €10 bet on them to win FAI Cup this season in the Aviva at 16/1

Think i'll throw a few quid on them if i can get that price in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

7.00 is too early to be there unless you want to see the warm up. Whatever time you come at you'll get a seat with a good view of the game. Hopefully tomorrow will see a big crowd and most importantly the win to build on the Bohs result.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Think i'll throw a few quid on them if i can get that price in the morning.

Nah. They were 22/1 before a ball was kicked. Then they were 16/1 bud now thay have a game with Salthill Devon to make the last 16 so the odds will be a lot tighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

ErnieBert wrote: »
    i hope you enjoy Terryland Hyperbullet. I am very curios why you are going?

Have you ever been to a League of Ireland game before anywhere else?

If not, why not?

Also, what age group are you?

And finally, are you from Galway?

Lot of questions there! Reason I'm going is because I can see Terryland Park from my new place and realised in the 5 years I've lived in Galway I've never been to a game. No i've never been to a League of Ireland game before because I'm more of a rugby fan, have a season ticket in Thomond Park that I fork out enough for, though I do go to 2 or 3 Connacht games a year. Just decided to give it a go and I'm looking forward to the game tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Welcome to Terryland HyperBullet. Hope you enjoy your night.

It's a big game for us. Beat Bohs last week but we really need to win this for it to count for anything. 2 starting defenders are banned due to ridiculous decisions last week and our Irish u-21 international, Seamus Conneely, may not be 100% fit.

The lads should be raring to go all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Seamus Conneely, may not be 100% fit.

The lads should be raring to go all the same.
    Looks like he'll have to play thru' the pain. Neighbours of mine are making their first trip to TP tonight so i gave them my Liverpool ticket. Would be great for an entertaining match with the potentially new fans left over from the Liverpool match!

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Went to the liverpool match the other week. Kinda got me wanting to go to a few more games. Not this week though, im away tonight.

Anyways, ive my Galway Utd Vs Liverpool XI ticket here if anyone wants to save a few quid, they're welcome to it. Im in the city center most the day, feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Mullo

Galway United 2 (O'Donnell 2 pens) Drogheda United 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Thought our first penalty was very soft but I'm not complaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Enjoyed lastnight, nice atmosphere there and occasionally some nice football. Will definitely get to a few more this season if I get a few Fridays off work.

Who started on the left wing for United lastnight? Very good player, great pace.

Off to the Connacht game now (provided it stops pissing rain).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Player on left wing was derek o brien,an occasionally quality player,and the clubs longest playing servant if memory serves me right.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Not a great performace at all but a great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

The Galway United under-20 team beat Salthill Devon 2-0 in Dangan today to go top of their pool. The top two in each pool qualify for the quarter-finals in October.
    Pool 4

CLUB                    P       W       D       L       F       A       PTS

Galway United           5       4       1       0       13      6        13
    Cork FORAS              4       3       1       0       14      4        10
     - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Mervue United           4       2       0       2       11      10       6
    Salthill Devon          5       1       1       3       8       11       4
    Limerick                4       1       1       2       7       11       4
    Tralee Dynamos          4       0       0       4       5       14       0

Good results for the first team tonight - UCD loosing 4-1 to Shamrock Rovers, Drogheda have gone down 1-0 to Bohemians.

Next Home Match

Galway United vs Salthill Devon

FAI Ford Cup Fourth Round

Friday 27th August

KO 7.45pm

Supporters are reminded that season tickets are not valid for FAI Cup matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

40977_421877042469_87293542469_5324371_8328663_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

f4ka40.jpg

Galway United and Salthill Devon drew 1-1 this evening.

Replay in Drom Monday evening (September 30th). Further details here, and at http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie.

• Advertisement

KO at Drom on Monday evening is 8.00pm.

Salthill 1-3 United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ClintDempsey

Irish football> MLS

Be thankful

Galway United take on St Patricks Athletic on Friday evening, 3rd September, in the Airtricity League Premier Division at Terryland Park.

KO is 7.45pm. Further information available at http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie.

United 1-1 Pats. Good result!

Game of two halves. Pat's could've thrashed us in the first half but we pulled the strings in the second half. Unbeaten in 6 games now I think.

Away to Bray and home to Slygo on a Monday.

Bring it on.

We overtook Dundalk and moved up to 6th in the table. Dundalk have a game in hand though.

Galway United Supporters Trust will host a barbecue tomorrow (Sunday 5th September) at the Commercial Boat Club, Woodquay.

Terry the Tiger and United players will be in attendance, and the All-Ireland Hurling final will be televised. All supporters, family and friends welcome from 2.30pm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

why dont they do some deals with the clubs in galway to promote it. let some underage teams train with the senior squad etc then stay on for a match etc

also then young lads might "encourage"(pester) their dads into going?

• Advertisement

why dont they do some deals with the clubs in galway to promote it. let some underage teams train with the senior squad etc then stay on for a match etc

also then young lads might "encourage"(pester) their dads into going?

An underage team from a club around the county plays on the pitch at half time of every home match.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement