Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Congrats lads. Hope things pick up for ye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

Brilliant news!

Now, let the people of Galway get behind the team and give them the support they deserve!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,902 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Brilliant news. Now to get 3,000 into Terryland on the 4th of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Fantastic news. I'd not been optimistic with the "not being able to produce new evidence to the appeal" thing at all.
    Great news, hopefully people will now get behind the club run by the fans, for the fans :)

Yep exactly, I hope what happened will remind people how much support GUFC need and deserve.

Sometimes a scare can stir people into action.

And maybe the possiblity of being demoted 2 divisions will get people up off their arses and back to Terryland.

There's no excuse now with the season ticket at such a low price.
    Brilliant news. Now to get 3,000 into Terryland on the 4th of March.

I hope so, wouldn't it be great to get a full house/big crowd for the kick off. Here's hoping

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The Galway United Supporters Trust seem to be very proactive. I read elsewhere that they pumped €80k into the Club since September.

This could be start of something special.

Onwards and upwards

Well done Ronan and all involved. I might even get off my ass and watch a few games this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

Absolutely delighted with this news. Really looking forward to the new season. Its going to be tough no doubt about it. Come on people GUFC need your support now more than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Well done Ronan and all involved. I might even get off my ass and watch a few games this year.

Ronan posts on here so im sure he is on cloud nine today. Well done Ronan and the rest of GUST

• Advertisement

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/upcoming-friendly-matches

Wexford Youths v Galway United, Sunday, 20th February, Ferrycarrig Park, 2.00PM KO.

Glenavon vs Galway United, Tuesday, 22nd February, Mourneview Park, 7.45PM KO.

Sligo Rovers v Galway United, Saturday, 26th February, Showgrounds, 6.00PM KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone know if i could use a One for All voucher in Elverys tomorrow to purchase a GUFC season ticket??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Great job to all involved. Let's all hope for more success next season.

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Anyone know if i could use a One for All voucher in Elverys tomorrow to purchase a GUFC season ticket??

No, because it's not Elverys who sell the season tickets. It's the Supporters Trust. They're still great value though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

No, because it's not Elverys who sell the season tickets. It's the Supporters Trust. They're still great value though.
    They may be able to do something for him, but it would be very much at their discression.

As Pinturicchio said, it is tremendous value. Maybe you could use the One For All voucher for some United gear... you could nearly deck out a 5-a-side team for e99.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Col200sx wrote: »
    Fantastic news. I'd not been optimistic with the "not being able to produce new evidence to the appeal" thing at all.
    You have to remember it's an FAI process. They've wound up in so much ****ehawk litigation over the various semi-solvent clubs who make up the league that they can't really pretend to know what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Mullo

Mr Velo wrote: »

Sorry, Mr Velo - season ticket sales in Elverys Sports, Galway Retail Park, every Saturday are by GUST and store vouchers do not apply. You can use your voucher for club merchandise (jersies, scarves, etc).

Season tickets also on sale from :

Terryland Park
    O'Briens Newsagents, William Street
    Claddagh and Celtic Jewellers, Quay Street
    The Square Inn, Athenry
    O'Briens Hardware, Main Street, Loughrea

Application forms are also available on-line at www.galwayunitedfc.ie.

El Mullo wrote: »
    Sorry, Mr Velo - season ticket sales in Elverys Sports, Galway Retail Park, every Saturday are by GUST and store vouchers do not apply. You can use your voucher for club merchandise (jersies, scarves, etc).

Season tickets also on sale from :

Terryland Park
    O'Briens Newsagents, William Street
    Claddagh and Celtic Jewellers, Quay Street
    The Square Inn, Athenry
    O'Briens Hardware, Main Street, Loughrea

Application forms are also available on-line at www.galwayunitedfc.ie.

I bought my season ticket.
    I am really looking forward to the new season.
    Bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

A huge effort needs to be made now up to the 4th of March to get the biggest crowd in years into Terryland. All the licence nonsense has galvanised the supporters and the fact that's it's against Pat's with all our history should make for a great opening game.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,494 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is there a discount for students on season tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is there a discount for students on season tickets?
    Secondary Student tickets are only €59. College students fall under the concession price of €99.

Gary Curran, Stephen Walsh, Steve Feeney, Paul Sinnott, Shane Keogh and Karl Moore (ex-UCD) all officialy signed for us today.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/2-signings-announced
    http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/four-more-sign-for-united

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/united-confirm-signings-of-kelly-and-murphy

Two more signings, Shaun Kelly and Alan Murphy.

Galway United beat Glenavon tonight 2 - 0.

Glenavon are mid season so that must be a good result.

183364_10150091157062470_87293542469_6634590_4526012_n.jpg

2011 TICKETS PRICES SLASHED BY 20%!

Adult €12, Student/Concession €10, Secondary School Student €5, Under 12 FREE (accompanied by an adult). Family ticket is just €20! (2 Adults & 2 Secondary School Students).

The family ticket is amazing value. To put it in perspective, 3 years ago it cost one adult €25 to sit in the middle of the New Stand. Now you can bring 2 adults and 2 secondary school children for just €20!

The adult ticked was reduced too, now it's €12 for an adult, cut from €15. That's cheaper than most First Division clubs. I think it's €25 for an adult ticket to sit/stand in the Sportsground Stand at Connacht games now(according to ticketmaster).

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Does anyone know if the season tickets are being posted out this week?

They are being posted tomorrow I heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

They are being posted tomorrow I heard.

Cool, I was just about to ask that question.

I hope they're not sent registered post, as if you miss them at home you've to do a trip out to An Post collection depot before Friday.........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement