Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Malice wrote: »
    Don't forget Jay O'Shea. I realise he's gone a while but he's well worth a mention.
    Yes. In seasons gone by we've also had the likes of Gary Deegan and John Russell. If the proper structures were in place then we'd have trophies to polish. It starts tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Col200sx wrote: »

It reminds me of my first fake id :D

Ha ha. I agree. It is a semi professional effort, just like the Club.

However, it has a barcode which will prevent duplication. All tickets will be scanned this year.

Really looking forward to the new season now...

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

183506_10150094226252470_87293542469_6668075_355118_n.jpg

C'mon United!!

Hopefully a big crowd out tonight. Lovely day for a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Another signing completed today. Joe Yoffe.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/united-sign-joe-yoffe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

See ye later in Terryland folks - looking forward to getting under way .

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Fingers crossed for a big crowd tonight.

My optimistic prediction for tonight:

United 2 Pats 0 :D

COME ON UNITED :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Important game in Terryland tonight for Utd. UCD are the visitors. Kick-Off 7:45 up the Dyke Road. Get there if you can.

Full time 0-0. Decent performance and our first point of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

It looks like the lads are going to struggle to get goals this season, but I guess it was a decent performance given how little pre-season training the players had. Great to see Alan Murphy back after 16 months out due to injuries and the keeper made some incredible saves. Good that there were more than 1,000 in Terryland, but it would be really great to see double or treble that every second Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

celty wrote: »
    Good that there were more than 1,000 in Terryland, but it would be really great to see double or treble that every second Friday.
    A four figure attendance against UCD is pretty good going for us these days. Doesn't really catch the imagination of the public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

A four figure attendance against UCD is pretty good going for us these days. Doesn't really catch the imagination of the public.
    The feedback is good. A lot of my friends have started to go back. Once those figures don't dip United will be fine. They had just over 700 in Mervue for their first home game. Don't know how many were in Drom. Take the GAA & Rugby into consideration...........a 4 figure attendance is good. Once they get a win or two under their belt the figure will go up.

There were 407 at the Mervue vs Cork City game.

There were about 280 at Salthill vs Mervue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

There were only aorund 400 in Pearse Stadium for Galway footballers' game with Cork. Shows up the sporting support of the people of Galway in a pathetic light, and in that context, 1,000+ for UCD was a very good crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

I was out of the country for all of last year, so hadn't seen a United game since 2009 and missed the pat's match, have to say I really enjoyed the atmosphere in the stand ... and, yes, it was 'only' UCD. Should be a good buzz in Terryland for the 'derby' against Sligo on Friday week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Tedole wrote: »
    There were only aorund 400 in Pearse Stadium for Galway footballers' game with Cork. Shows up the sporting support of the people of Galway in a pathetic light, and in that context, 1,000+ for UCD was a very good crowd
    Can't blame people for not going. Only saw the second half of the match on Sunday against Cork but we shouldn't have to pay for that muck.

Going to head to the next Utd match as I've been so far for the 1st few matches.

Only saw the second half of the match on Sunday against Cork but we shouldn't have to pay for that muck.
    Nobody is forcing you ;)

How much are the tickets out of interest? (The GAA I mean)

Like say, if you had a family of 4 or 5?

Nobody is forcing you ;)

How much are the tickets out of interest? (The GAA I mean)

Like say, if you had a family of 4 or 5?
    €13 for an Adult
    U16s are free.
    I don't know how much Student/OAP is.

sgthighway wrote: »
    €13 for an Adult
    U16s are free.
    I don't know how much Student/OAP is.
    What would a Provincial game be then?

I didn't hear this years yet. Last year;
    Adult €20
    U16s €5
    OAPs & Students paid €20 but were refunded €10 on the production of a valid ID Card at the gate.
    I can't see those prices coming down for 2011.

Season Ticket Holders got in free for the first Championship Game.

Season Ticket Holders got in free for the first Championship Game.
    What is the GAA season ticket? If it is a season ticket in the usual sense, are you not paying for that in the price of the ticket, not getting it free, seeing as the first Championship game will always happen, along with a qualifier and/or a the next provincial match?

Anyways, back on topic...

We'll be playing the Connacht derby match against Sligo Rovers a week Friday.

€20 to bring yourself, the husband or wife and the kids.

A nice stand with a great view of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Tedole

Should be a cracking atmosphere for the visit of Sligo. They won both cups last year and have in recent years poached some of the best Galway-born players such as Alan Keane and John Russell. They'll bring a big crowd - about 800 of them travelled to Derry on the first day of the season - so we need to pack Terryland with United fans and make sure we're not outsung

Seats still available on the GUST supporters bus to Dalymount Park on Friday. Book your seat ASAP! The bus will depart from outside the Pillo Hotel (formerly The Courtyard Marriott) on the Headford Road, at 4.00pm sharp. If you wish to book a seat on the bus, please send me a PM or post here.

Steve Feeney injured. Sean Kelly suspended. Shaun Kelly returns from illness.
    http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/galway-united-team-news-24th-march-2011

Interviews with Sean Connor and Sean Kelly.
    http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/latest-galway-united-interviews

Because my dear, Galway United are extremely sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

i dont know if its been posted but i dont think theres room for 3 galway teams in the league no offence to salthill and mervue im sure they put in the hard work down there but i really think there should only be one league team there

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

What's this garbage about?

Piss off you troll.

i dont know if its been posted but i dont think theres room for 3 galway teams in the league no offence to salthill and mervue im sure they put in the hard work down there but i really think there should only be one league team there

They're entitled to be where they are. We'll see if they last in the league, but Mervue at least seem to be improving. Having three Galway teams playing LOI football should be of benefit to United in the future as long as we can maintain our status as the premier club in Galway. There'll be more Galway players with LOI experience than ever before and the best of those should want to play for United, as long as we can offer them a higher level (and obviously a higher wage wouldn't hurt).

As far as I'm concerned, Mervue and Salthill aren't doing United any harm. I don't think they have taken away from our attendances at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

They're entitled to be where they are. We'll see if they last in the league, but Mervue at least seem to be improving. Having three Galway teams playing LOI football should be of benefit to United in the future as long as we can maintain our status as the premier club in Galway. There'll be more Galway players with LOI experience than ever before and the best of those should want to play for United, as long as we can offer them a higher level (and obviously a higher wage wouldn't hurt).

As far as I'm concerned, Mervue and Salthill aren't doing United any harm. I don't think they have taken away from our attendances at all.

i disagree i think they are doing you harm im in dublin and i also think there are too many clubs here too. surely if you had a one team city all the real football fans would be focused on one club therefore raising attendance. im not saying the other teams are not entitled to be there of course they are as i said im posting with all due respect to them i know how hard it is i run a club myself. i actually think there should be a system similar to england where a club can work its way up to the top if good enough (obviously certain criteria must apply i.e. stadia infra structure etc). i also think an allireland league is the way forward for football in this country but thats another days work

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Infraction now, if you troll again I will ban you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

OAPs & Students paid €20 but were refunded €10 on the production of a valid ID Card at the gate.

It's actual e5 (and was last year too).
    Edit: E5 cost to get in.

When's the next home game for United? Has been a long time since I've been to Terryland. Was quite disappointed that tonight's fixture wasn't here, would have been lovely in this weather.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement