Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

c_man wrote: »
    It's actual e5 (and was last year too).
    Edit: E5 cost to get in.

When's the next home game for United? Has been a long time since I've been to Terryland. Was quite disappointed that tonight's fixture wasn't here, would have been lovely in this weather.
    EA Sports Cup this Monday against the giants that are Cockhill Celtic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

It's actual e5 (and was last year too).
    Edit: E5 cost to get in.

When's the next home game for United? Has been a long time since I've been to Terryland. Was quite disappointed that tonight's fixture wasn't here, would have been lovely in this weather.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/2011-premier-division-fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Was quite disappointed that tonight's fixture wasn't here, would have been lovely in this weather.
    I'd say you'd still manage to be cold in Terryland Park ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    EA Sports Cup this Monday against the giants that are Cockhill Celtic!

If Cockhill on a Monday doesn't tickle your fancy, we're playing Sligo in Terryland this day week (Fri April 1st). The Connacht Derby!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Cockhill Celtic might prove to be stiff opposition,it could be a hard one to win:).It would be like Galway Utd to make a Balls of it:).I hope the lads will be up for it:);).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Aiel wrote: »
    Cockhill Celtic might prove to be stiff opposition,it could be a hard one to win:).It would be like Galway Utd to make a Balls of it:).I hope the lads will be up for it:);).
    Im sure they'll rise to the challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Aiel wrote: »
    Foxx92 wrote: »
    Im sure they'll rise to the challenge

Ah c'mon now, don't be taking the mickey out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Mullo

Galway United FC 1 (Joe Yoffe), Bohemian FC 0.

Approx 20 mins to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

El Mullo wrote: »
    Galway United FC 1 (Joe Yoffe), Bohemian FC 0.

Approx 20 mins to go.

There's no show like a Joe show

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Because my dear, Galway United are extremely sh!t.
    Report and photos of the sh!t team's away win in Dalymount Park against Bohemians tonight.

Link

• Advertisement

Great result tonight, 3 times in a row winning at Dalymount :eek:

Sets us up nicely for the week ahead with cup on Monday and the derby with Rovers next Friday at Terryland.

Brilliant result and performance. The players all worked hard and fair play to the 90 or so Galwegians who made the journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Got a text from my cousin (Bohs fan): "**** you Westy bastards".

Next home match is vs Cockhill Celtic in the EA Sports Cup (1st Round) on Monday evening at Terryland Park.

KO is 7.45pm. Due to competition rules, season tickets do not apply for this fixture.

I'm looking forward to this evening's match now. Hopefully it'll be a second straight win and a third straight clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭User Named

What happened last night??

User Named wrote: »
    What happened last night??

As in the result? If so, it was a disastrous 3-1 to Cockhill Celtic :o

In terms of the performance? I wasn't there due to other commitments, but heard first hand that Utd were second best all night :(

Still, re-focus and get up for the big on one Friday night is all they can do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

It was a very poor performance indeed, there were three changes made from the win against Bohs and then we lost gary curran after five minutes to injury. Players seemed to have one on friday i think. Squad is far to small to be trying to have a run in the second cup competition anyway so no harm done hopefully.

Remember the big match is on this evening.

There'll be some special guests at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The All Ireland winning Clarinbridge hurlers will be Utds guests of honour tonight, hopefully some of their form will rub off on us. Kick off 745pm, should be a very good game.

• Advertisement

Finished 1-0 to Sligo. Not the result we were hoping for but there was a very healthy crowd of over 1,800 at it.

Away to Drogheda next week. We should be looking for 3 points there.

Finished 1-0 to Sligo. Not the result we were hoping for but there was a very healthy crowd of over 1,800 at it.

Away to Drogheda next week. We should be looking for 3 points there.

Sligo brought a lot less than I expected, but good crowd. Official attendance 1836.

3 points against Drogheda is a must really (even though we moved up the table with UCD's result), although I bet you Drogheda are thinking a win is a must too.

Any word on Murph's injury yet? Groin strain?

Galway United are holding a general knowledge table quiz next Thursday, 7th April, at Crowes Bar, Bohermore (9.00pm). Entry free €40 per table of four. All support appreciated.

The reserves won their first A Championship match of the season 2-0 away to Limerick today. Shane Keogh and Daragh Duggan were the scorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

A little more info on the game today.

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/limerick-a-0-2-galway-united-a

Next match is at home to Cobh Ramblers next weekend. Venue tbc.

Next match is at home to Cobh Ramblers next weekend. Venue tbc.
    How come the venue is to be confirmed? Is there something up with Terryland?

Malice wrote: »
    How come the venue is to be confirmed? Is there something up with Terryland?

The A-team don't play their matches at Terryland.

The A-team don't play their matches at Terryland.
    Ah I see. I thought the fixture mentioned was for the senior team.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

One of the directors of the club, Tom McEvaddy, has left local creditors all over the place after he wound up his company. One would think why he was not asked to resign from the board of directors. http://www.galwaynews.ie/18740-galway-builder-back-business-uk-despite-%E2%82%AC12m-irish-collapse
    Architects, engineers, electricians and electrical suppliers, plasterers, landscapers and builders were among those ‘hit’ for individual amounts ranging up to €320,000 – many of whose businesses since faced serious financial difficulties as a result.

Support your local club!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement