Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

T2daK wrote: »
    Could ye not find batter ways to talk to each other so, this isn't msn messenger or facebook ;)
    id say they are doing it for the halibut!!!!!

Sniipe wrote: »
    Heading to this match - first in ages. Its predicted to be nice weather also

ben.schlomo, that you RJ?
    that be me. gonna be a very very tough game, we have a limited squad at present given the injuries and Rovers are rightly the overwhelming favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

T2daK, I don't see you adding to this thread. Unless you do then don't post again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Malice wrote: »

civis_liberalis: I will make sure to say hello to you if I see you on Friday (and you don't avoid me again :p)
    CrowdedHouse: We won't fight over the seats this Friday either okay? :)

Boardsies for GUFC meet Terryland Park Friday Night \o/ :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Bohs supporter here (so technically I should hate Galway Utd :pac:) but just moved down here so plan on going to some games. My current work shift doesn't allow it but I think I'll be able to go to games regularly in a couple of weeks when I change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Boardsies for GUFC meet Terryland Park Friday Night \o/ :D
    Looks like there will be a few of us there alright :).

Jim wrote: »
    Bohs supporter here (so technically I should hate Galway Utd :pac:) but just moved down here so plan on going to some games. My current work shift doesn't allow it but I think I'll be able to go to games regularly in a couple of weeks when I change.
    haha yeah ye are the only team we can seem to beat anymore. Hope you enjoy Terryland when you are up.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slick89

What do ye think of the signing of Mikey Gilmore? Seemed fairly good any time I saw him for devon..hopefully he can make the step up! The more options we have the better!

slick89 wrote: »
    What do ye think of the signing of Mikey Gilmore? Seemed fairly good any time I saw him for devon..hopefully he can make the step up! The more options we have the better!
    massive step up from local/first division to Premier but the more bodies the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Mullo

KO this evening is at the earlier time of 7.35pm. Gates are open 6.45pm. A large crowd is expected, so please come early.

• Advertisement

El Mullo wrote: »
    KO this evening is at the earlier time of 7.35pm. Gates are open 6.45pm. A large crowd is expected, so please come early.
    Thanks for the heads-up. How come it's kicking off earlier?

Thanks for the heads-up. How come it's kicking off earlier?
    because its live on rte two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

sssssh!

Does that normally affect the kick-off time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

RTÉ can't bear to talk about the League of Ireland for any more than a couple of minutes before the game. Programme starts at 7.30pm. There will be ads between then and 7.35pm.

They are being paid by Airtricity to show the games basically.

Disgusting situation.

yes rte broadcast all their friday night live games at 735pm no matter who is playing.

Fair enough, thanks lads. Whenever I wonder how low my opinion of RTÉ can sink, there always seems to be something else to make it sink lower!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I hope the tv coverage doesn't have too much an effect on the crowd tonight, although I imagine a fair few Rovers fans will attend.

It's a cracking day out there, looking forward to it, c'mon folks, get up to Terryland and support the lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

It's a lovely day out there. Get up to Terryland and get behind the lads!

Next home match is versus Dundalk on Friday evening, May 9th (KO 7.45pm).

Match tickets are on sale from the club office at Terryland Park, and from O'Briens Newsagents, William Street, Galway.

Adult tickets cost €12, concessions €10, secondary school tickets €5, with a family rate of €20 (two adults, two secondary school students). U12s are free (accompanied).

For further details, visit www.galwayunitedfc.ie.

• Advertisement

Disappointing result last night having been 2-0 up, on the bright side..Murph is 1 goal closer to beating Skis record!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

El Mullo wrote: »
    ...Friday evening, May 9th...

Does not compute!

Official website says its tomorrow Friday 6th May

Does not compute!

Didn't you know, El Mullo is from the future. He's been reading the fixtures for May 2014 ;).

Does not compute!

Yes, the match is tomorrow evening, May 6th.

Big game tonight away to UCD..Bobby Ryan, Gilmore and Curran all doubts for the game added to Yoffe and Curran out long-term. Hopefully get some sort of result but after seeing UCD in Terryland earlier in the season, we really should go for the 3 points, especially after their heavy defeat friday night. Anyone no for sure the story for relegation? Heard that its just the bottom team that has a play off with 3rd place in Div. 1? Premier going back to 12 teams next year it seems. Be a big plus for us if true, would just have to stay clear of the Drogs.

slick89 wrote: »
    Anyone no for sure the story for relegation? Heard that its just the bottom team that has a play off with 3rd place in Div. 1? Premier going back to 12 teams next year it seems. Be a big plus for us if true, would just have to stay clear of the Drogs.

Yes, that's it.

UCD 3, Galway United 0.

Obviously our form isn't the best at the moment, but given our recent record against Bohs you never know!

231102_10150171250057470_87293542469_7119655_4823897_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Match tickets are on sale from O'Briens Newsagents, Willliam Street, Galway, and from Terryland Park. Adult tickets cost €12, concessions €10, and secondary school students €5. A family ticket of €20 is also on sale (two adults and two secondary school students). U12s are free of charge.

Friday evenings after-match sponsor is The Goalpost Bar, Woodquay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement