Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Robbo wrote: »
    the Advo
    That's now going into my little book of irritating abbreviations along with Sparch :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

The error I've made is not reading the thread heading. I came to the thread via a Galway Advertiser Facebook post that said something along the lines of "there's an interesting thread running over on boards speaking about the state of sport in the city" While in hindsight I am clearly mistaken,(has it been changed?) this is what I thought this thread is about.

Here is the thread you're looking for:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056303183

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Fans forum tomorrow (Wednesday) with Jumbo Brennan.

8pm, The Goalpost, Woodquay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Mullo

Galway United vs Bohemians, this evening (Friday 23rd September) at Terryland Park. KO 7.45pm.

First home match for the new management team of Jumbo Brennan, Tommy Lally and Billy Clery.

Galway United 0, Bohemians 3.

Galway United Lotto tickets will be on sale upstairs in the Eyre Square Centre today.

Galway United will have a stand tomorrow upstairs in the Eyre Square Centre.

Match tickets (Drogheda United) and Lotto tickets will be on sale from 10.00am on.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

Malice wrote: »
    That's now going into my little book of irritating abbreviations along with Sparch :P.

Is the Eyre Squentre in there already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

GUFC are 33/1 to beat Sligo away.
    ;)
    Might be worth shoving a crisp €100 note on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 bbnewyork

People want to stay inside with the heat turned up, watching Man U win match after match until they grow old and die.

Personally I prefer the live events!

Go Maroon for Goal this Saturday evening at Terryland Park !

As part of Goal Jersey Day, Galway United are asking all supporters to come to the Premier Division match against Drogheda United in their Galway United, Galway GAA, or any other maroon jersey, and make a donation to Goal on the night.

KO at Terryland Park on Saturday evening is 7.45pm.

Gambas wrote: »
    Is the Eyre Squentre in there already?
    Nope, probably because I've never seen or heard that outside of your post :).

Tickets for the Drogheda United match will be on sale tomorrow, Saturday 8th October, at the Galway Shopping Centre, Headford Road.

Galway United Lotto tickets (jackpot €2,200) will also be on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

What time is kick off v Drogs?

Ronan Coleman announced it was 5pm at the Bohs game

Aertel says 7.30pm

Website says 7.45pm

(as much as I'd like to believe the official site, I wanna be 100% sure).

Which is correct?

KO versus Drogheda United at Terryland Park (Saturday 8th October) is 7.45pm.

Decent performance against Drogheda, didn't deserve to lose :(

Was a weird feeling taking the lead, haven't experienced that much this season :D

Gotta admit though, fair play to those who bothered turning up, I haven't heard the attendance yet, but it was a shocking low amount, I'd say the worst attendance of the season :(

On another note, the playoff dates are as follows:

Tuesday, November 1st: Away leg (TBC)
    Friday, November 4th, 7.45 @ Terryland

Note that season tickets don't apply to the playoff game.

Col200sx wrote: »
    Decent performance against Drogheda, didn't deserve to lose :(

Was a weird feeling taking the lead, haven't experienced that much this season :D

Gotta admit though, fair play to those who bothered turning up, I haven't heard the attendance yet, but it was a shocking low amount, I'd say the worst attendance of the season :(

On another note, the playoff dates are as follows:

Tuesday, November 1st: Away leg (TBC)
    Friday, November 4th, 7.45 @ Terryland

Note that season tickets don't apply to the playoff game.

Alan Murphy's goal was brilliant. He's only 3 goals away from equalling Ski's all time scoring record.

Attendance was 410. By far the lowest of the season. It was a miserable night weather wise and the change of day wouldn't have helped.

Attendance was 410. By far the lowest of the season. It was a miserable night weather wise and the change of day wouldn't have helped.

410, that's more than i thought. At a guess i was saying 300. Ya I reckon between the early start for the rugby, the weather and sure we might as well blame X-Factor too while we're at it :D
    Alan Murphy's goal was brilliant.

It was, I thought he mis-hit it at first, but then realised he meant to chip the keeper. Great strike alright.
    He's only 3 goals away from equalling Ski's all time scoring record.

Lets hope he matches Ski's record during the playoffs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Anybody coming to Tallaght this evening? You'll be more than welcome. Anybody who beats Bohs is a friend of ours ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

This love in between shams and Galway fans, is there an explanation?

Folks RTE have confirmed that they're showing Rovers v Utd tonight on RTE 2 from 7.30, with a 7.45 kick off :)

(Digital EPG and tv guides didn't have info on which game was televised even up til today).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

This love in between Rovers and Galway fans, is there an explanation?

Fixed that for you ;)

United have always treated us well when we've gone to Terryland. They also took 7 points off Bohs last season, helping us to win the league and they beat them this season too. Without knowing the complete details it would appear that the goings on behind the scenes at Galway are quite similar to ours in 2005 as well.

Good luck to GUST, hope to see you around next season.

marwelie wrote: »
    Fixed that for you ;)

United have always treated us well when we've gone to Terryland. They also took 7 points off Bohs last season, helping us to win the league and they beat them this season too. Without knowing the complete details it would appear that the goings on behind the scenes at Galway are quite similar to ours in 2005 as well.

Good luck to GUST, hope to see you around next season.
    Jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Jesus wept
    Why did he weep?

Why did he weep?
    Crucifixion, finding out that guy your mother's been with for years isn't actually your father, the pressure of being appointed the Messiah. Take your pick really :pac:

Long live the love in.
    marwelie wrote: »
    Anybody coming to Tallaght this evening? You'll be more than welcome. Anybody who beats Bohs is a friend of ours ;)
    I was there. Got home at 10am. :pac: Great night. Sound fans and players.

Not having a go, just seems a bit laughable and that GUFC fans are involved in a kind of love in with Shams fans just so they can latch on to some miniscule shred of success.

321206_10150325069047470_87293542469_8300930_1055139859_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Not having a go, just seems a bit laughable and that GUFC fans are involved in a kind of love in with Shams fans just so they can latch on to some miniscule shred of success.
    Would you prefer fans to just bitch and moan at each other?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement