Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Glad you enjoyed the game Greaney and I hope it won't be your last. ErnieBert, completely agree with you about meeting the same group of lads at the games. For me I meet up with lads I went to primary school with and it's the only times I ever really see them

Galway United play St. Pats next Friday the 18th in Terryland Park. Also have a look at the recently re-launched website, www.galwayunitedfc.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭ANTIFA!

Looks a good website, presentation is very nice, far better than our one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Deck-chairs on the Titanic comes to mind...

Just a reminder that Galway United play St. Pats tomorrow night k.o. at 7.45 all support more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Just a reminder that Galway United play St. Pats tomorrow night k.o. at 7.45 all support more than welcome.

Will be interesting to see what kind of reception Jeff Kenna gets tonight.....he looks under pressure big time now at Pats, also strange that John Lester has not featured for ages in the team(presume he injured?)

Brgds
    Johnny

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭AdamantApproach

Hope all is well with you Cashdoneatthecross.

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what kind of reception Jeff Kenna gets tonight.....
    He resigned this morning.

Maurice O'Driscoll is taking charge for tonight.

http://www.stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=3285

jkmanc1974 wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what kind of reception Jeff Kenna gets tonight.....he looks under pressure big time now at Pats, also strange that John Lester has not featured for ages in the team(presume he injured?)

Brgds
    Johnny

Johnny Lester was let go by Pats as far as I know. Pity that Jeff didn't stay until tonight, could have bee the last naill on his coffin in Terryland Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Possibly a bit late in the day asking for this - presume I can get a ticket at the gate rather than through the gougers that are ticketmaster?

Yes, you can always pay at the gate.

Buy your ticket at the hatch and then proceed through the turnstiles.

Good to have you in Terryland. Enjoy the game.

• Advertisement

Yes, you can always pay at the gate.

Buy your ticket at the hatch and then proceed through the turnstiles.

Good to have you in Terryland. Enjoy the game.
    Thanks, looking forward to it. Have floated the idea at work of getting a few people together to go down to the games as a social event. Thought I should at least head along myself before we try to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ciotog wrote: »
    Thanks, looking forward to it. Have floated the idea at work of getting a few people together to go down to the games as a social event. Thought I should at least head along myself before we try to do anything.
    It's ideal for that.

Yes, the main stand is newly built and along with the chip van, there is also Papa Johns inside the ground.

hope you enjoy the game ciotog.

For anyone not attending the match tonight, the game here in Terryland will be broadcast on TG4. Coverage starts at 7.30 with the kick-off 15 minutes later.

Galway 1-0 up. Scored by Seamus Conneely from Connemara and set up by John Russell from Galway.

2-0 now. John Russell.

2-1 :-S

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I couldn't make the game, visiting a mate who had a horrific hand injury, but looks like it was a fantastic night, 4 wins on the trot against Pats, and looking quite healthy on the league table right now.:cool:
    I hope there was a decent attendance, sounded quite vocal on the radio.:cool:

• Advertisement

galwayrush wrote: »
    I couldn't make the game, visiting a mate who had a horrific hand injury, but looks like it was a fantastic night, 4 wins on the trot against Pats, and looking quite healthy on the league table right now.:cool:
    I hope there was a decent attendance, sounded quite vocal on the radio.:cool:
    Seemed to be good enough attendance alright - definitely enjoyed the outing so I think I'll be making it a regular thing.

I'm glad you enjoyed the reconnaissance mission Ciotog :D

Be sure to mention that to your colleagues!

If you plan on hitting the town after, it might be handy to book a taxi to pick you all up outside the gate after the game. Only a couple of €'s each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

Galway United FC v Bray Wanderers

Friday, 2nd Oct. KO: 7:45pm Terryland Park

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

Just letting people know that Galway United are entering a crucial stage of the league now.

Important game against Derry on Friday in Terryland Park. A positive result against them would be a real bonus. They aren't the team they were last season and are beatable.

United have been "playing football" this year under Ian Foster. Hopefully the performance or lack of it against Sligo will make them re-double their efforts and send Derry home point-less.

Season tickets are on sale for the excellent price of €150 up until the end of the season.

That's ONLY €8 and some change per match.

The Galway United Supporters Trust has negotiated that a supporter representative will sit on the Board of Directors next season, if the supporters trust reaches it's target of 300 season ticket sales for the 2010 season.

This person will be elected by a vote taken by all season-ticket holders.

So guys, support your local team and save yourself some money by buying early.

Just an update of the goings on at United in the past weeks. There was a season ticket campaign for 2010 launched and it was agreed that should the GUST sell 300 or more ST's they would be represented. Gufcfan has pretty much already said it above. See galwayunitedfc.ie for more details.

Galway United played Derry City on Friday night and won 3-1 in an excellent match. It puts us in a position to challenge Dundalk for 5th spot and pushed us further away from the relegation spots.

Highlights:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lavaghball

Table quiz on tonight in aid of Galway United Supporters Trust in Crowe's Bar, Bohermore at 9pm. Should be a good laugh and is in aid of a good cause.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

lavaghball wrote: »
    Table quiz on tonight in aid of Galway United Supporters Trust in Crowe's Bar, Bohermore at 9pm. Should be a good laugh and is in aid of a good cause.
    Am I allowed with my rovers gear?:D

Best of luck with tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement