Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI Audio

Options
  • 07-05-2009 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Built a pc yesterday and just came across a problem.

I have a Gainward GTS 250 Graphics card and an Asus P5Q mobo with integrated sound.

Sound is working fine using headphones, speakers etc.

But I've now connected the system via hdmi.

The hdmi audio works fine when my laptop is connected to the tv so I know the tv isn't a problem.

There's an SPDIF (?) connection on the gfx card. It came with an "internal SPDIF cable". So I connected one end to the gfx and the other end to the mobo but I'm getting nothing.

I checked the sound settings and the output is set to HDMI audio.

Any ideas? .....and before you say it yes the volume is up :p

Edit: Forgot to say there's a cable for sound with two connections to connect to the mobo but I have to use either or. One says AC97 and the other says HDA (presumably for HD Audio). I've connected the AC97 connection to the mobo - is this right or wrong?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Try swapping over to the Azalia/HDA plug - AC97 is for binaural only.

Advertisement