Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your least favorite WWE sports entertainers?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Low Ki perhaps. Tyson is small enough for rey.

I do miss cruiserweights.

Maybe i'm being picky, but i don't think Tyson is small enough, i thought Matt Hardy was too big for him at Mania XIX! :)
    The question is why did they bring him back then?

No clue, it's not like they've used him much except for Mayweather, unless it was to throw money at him to keep him from going elsewhere. That's only speculation on my part though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Rey
    Big Show is one of the best big men in the business. He has credibility that none of the other so called monsters have and beating him is a genuine rub. He was also in the biggest drawing match of the last Mania so he clearly has something going for him.
    EDIT: His run as ECW Champion was awesome as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Taker
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Maybe i'm being picky, but i don't think Tyson is small enough, i thought Matt Hardy was too big for him at Mania XIX! :)

Thats fair. I would rather see tyson work with the bigger guys anyway.

No clue, it's not like they've used him much except for Mayweather, unless it was to throw money at him to keep him from going elsewhere. That's only speculation on my part though.

Floyd and the punch was pretty nice. I will never figure out how show ended up in the edge v cena match at mania.

Taker
    Rjd2 wrote: »
    Big Show is one of the best big men in the business. He has credibility that none of the other so called monsters have and beating him is a genuine rub. He was also in the biggest drawing match of the last Mania so he clearly has something going for him.

Wow!

I don't get it myself but i'm glad to know that big show can give at least one person enjoyment.

His ECW run was good but only because (In my eyes) it was on ecw. Guys could use "foreign objest", to make up for the lack of options a normal show match can has.

I'd like you to elaboate as to how it was awesome? The belt was thrown on him cos RVD got sh*tcanned and he looked completely out of place on that brand during that run in my honest opinion.

Rey
    Wow!

I don't get it myself but i'm glad to know that big show can give at least one person enjoyment.

His ECW run was good but only because (In my eyes) it was on ecw. Guys could use "foreign objest", to make up for the lack of options a normal show match can has.

To be honest I am not much of a fan as he is a notoriously lazy, I won’t deny that the guy has a lot of worth to the company though.
    His match with Flair at ECW was really good by the way.

Taker
    His match with Flair at ECW was really good by the way.

I will have to look that one up later, after smackdown (Which i'm watching on record and enjoying so far). I don't remember it.

Rey
    I'd like you to elaboate as to how it was awesome? The belt was thrown on him cos RVD got sh*tcanned and he looked completely out of place on that brand during that run in my honest opinion.

He gave the belt some much needed credibility, and when compared to the others who held the belt he was the biggest star to hold it.
    (new ECW by the way)
    Oh and to clarify personally he does little for me, but I can't deny the guy's worth to the WWE, awesome may have been to strong of a word when I think back to it. :(

He gave the belt some much needed credibility, and when compared to the others who held the belt he was the biggest star to hold it.
    (new ECW by the way)

I honestly can't agree with you there. Big Slow and titles in WWE tend to go hand in hand with flies and sh*t. If anything, he's de-credited titles in that promotion!

• Advertisement

Rey
    I honestly can't agree with you there. Big Slow and titles in WWE tend to go hand in hand with flies and sh*t. If anything, he's de-credited titles in that promotion!

Fair enough but its not like Hunter, Cena, Batista, Edge or any other main eventer was on ECW at the time. I mean compared to Matt, Mizark, Lashley, Morrison and Punk is he that unbelievable as champion?

Taker
    Fair enough but its not like Hunter, Cena, Batista, Edge or any other main eventer was on ECW at the time. I mean compared to Matt, Mizark, Lashley, Morrison and Punk is he that unbelievable as champion?

Chavo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Santino!
    Why do you think Mayweather vs Big Show was the biggest drawing match last year? I never saw any evidence for this, especially when Mayweather's drawing power in boxing is questionable

Rey
    Fozzy wrote: »
    Why do you think Mayweather vs Big Show was the biggest drawing match last year? I never saw any evidence for this, especially when Mayweather's drawing power in boxing is questionable

Which match got the most coverage in the media?
    Even people who did not like wrestling wanted to see how the match would turn out. The retirement match was big but I doubt it generated the same interest that Show and Mayweather did.

Which match got the most coverage in the media?

Hang on a sec! There's a big difference between media coverage, and drawing money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Khali
    Hang on a sec! There's a big difference between media coverage, and drawing money.

Yeah but they're very very closely related. More media attention increases your awareness which increases you potential buy rate. Media coverage is essential for a big one

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Yeah but they're very very closely related. More media attention increases your awareness which increases you potential buy rate. Media coverage is essential for a big one

Not in the case of Mayweather and Big Slow, especially as most of Mania had sold prior to that match being announced anyway.

Taker
    Any interest it did generate was becasue of shows size and mayweathers profile. Nothing to do with shows wrestling ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Khali
    Not in the case of Mayweather and Big Slow, especially as most of Mania had sold prior to that match being announced anyway.

Mania in tickets sell out before card is announced shocker. It's all about the PPV and I think you'll find that was the case for 24 just as it was for 23 with Trump just as it won't be stateside for 25. All about Media
    Any interest it did generate was becasue of shows size and mayweathers profile. Nothing to do with shows wrestling ability.

Obviously, look is the most important thing in wrestling. It's why Andre Hogan did well. Andre was god awful in the ring and couldn't talk. he was just a big guy

Taker
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Obviously, look is the most important thing in wrestling. It's why Andre Hogan did well. Andre was god awful in the ring and couldn't talk. he was just a big guy

True

But it Looks stupid everytime they lose/lost a match. In their careers if either andre or big show decided "i'm not losing tonight", there is nothing anyone could do to make them lose.
    Guys like that actually (For me) take away some credibility from matches. When Edge spears show it just makes both of them look daft.

Just to make it look credible, everytime you have a guy like Show wrestling it means you need
    1. A muscled up superhero to beat them
    or/and
    2. Some sort of gimmick match they can take a fall in
    Boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Santino!
    True

But it Looks stupid everytime they lose/lost a match. In their careers if either andre or big show decided "i'm not losing tonight", there is nothing anyone could do to make them lose.
    Guys like that actually (For me) take away some credibility from matches. When Edge spears show it just makes both of them look daft.

Just to make it look credible, everytime you have a guy like Show wrestling it means you need
    1. A muscled up superhero to beat them
    or/and
    2. Some sort of gimmick match they can take a fall in
    Boring

Have you ever seen any MMA fights were huge guys were beaten by guys the size of Mysterio? It happens in real life, why not wrestling?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Shane
    Batista
    Henry
    Big Show
    Michelle TheTool
    Chavio

Taker
    Fozzy wrote: »
    Have you ever seen any MMA fights were huge guys were beaten by guys the size of Mysterio? It happens in real life, why not wrestling?

Any guy can have a glass chin in a real fight, now is not the time for me to discuss how believable or credible that looks as this isn't the mma forum and if it was my feelings would get me banned!

As this is my opinion, regardless of what happens in mma. Big show getting beat by somone reys size in wrestling, to me, looks stupid. It even looks daft if a bigger guy like a jericho or hardy beat him. Thats why i think you need a superhero persona to beat them and its been done to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZMrOV22rRc

Bit of a different side to Santino there, pity they dont have him keep the goofy gimmick but still kick arse when he needs to, it worked for Kurt Angle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Rey
    krudler wrote: »

Bit of a different side to Santino there, pity they dont have him keep the goofy gimmick but still kick arse when he needs to, it worked for Kurt Angle

But Santino is no Kurt Angle.

Taker

Why not. He could be a joker but if you hit him enough times he starts to get serious. They have done it before but it may be to late to change him back now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Shane

From watching that...

Does it seem as if they got the gimmicks completely mixed up with this guy:

Taker
    C-B-G wrote: »
    From watching that...

Does it seem as if they got the gimmicks completely mixed up with this guy:

There is some weird crossover thing going on there.

Shane
    Kahli had so much potential when he fist showed up:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Beth
    Santino was brilliant on Monday Night Raw just gone!

Guys, we managed a couple of pages of discussion without the aid of limiting it to youtube videos. We have one video thread, we don't need another.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Kahli had so much potential when he fist showed up:

that khali debut appearance was an exact copy of giant gonzales' wwe debut at the royal rumble in 1993 just minus the ape suit

rossie1977 wrote: »
    that khali debut appearance was an exact copy of giant gonzales' wwe debut at the royal rumble in 1993 just minus the ape suit

Which was a exact copy of Zeus debut in WWE in 1989 on Saturday Nights Main Event.

Shane
    rossie1977 wrote: »
    Which was a exact copy of Zeus debut in WWE in 1989 on Saturday Nights Main Event.

"Wheel of morality turn, turn, turn, tell us the lesson that we have learnt.."

"WWE repeats itself more times than friends on channel4/E4"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Santino!
    Rey.

He is just phoning in every match now and living off the merchandising %.

He should never be in matches with heavyweights ever.

Anyone who still likes him should watch his WCW stuff (pre giant killer) and you'll change your mind.

Taker
    Rey.

Anyone who still likes him should watch his WCW stuff (pre giant killer) and you'll change your mind.

Reys body isn't up to that style anymore. He's making the best of whats left.

I don't mind people having a dislike to him but its a bit unfair to compare his work then (WCW) to now, without considering the injuries he has had.

Shane
    Rey.

His WCW stuff was good but his time in ECW was better, it was more raw and you could tell he really wanted to show what he was worth so he excelled in his talents.

But you cant compare that to now, he is a different wrestler, owing majority to the fact that he isn't as young to what he was.(as is anyone :p)

But if you want rey style from back then these days, look up some of evan bornes vidoes on the Tube.

I would but i think i've reached my weekly limit on the forum. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Cena
    But if you want rey style from back then these days, look up some of evan bornes vidoes on the Tube.

I would but i think i've reached my weekly limit on the forum. ;)

If it's just high flying you're looking for, Matt Sydel isn't the one I'd be looking up. Look up Mistico or something.

Shane
    OrtonViper wrote: »
    If it's just high flying you're looking for, Matt Sydel isn't the one I'd be looking up. Look up Mistico or something.

Good call.

I wasn't meaning just a high flying wrestler but more of that sort of enthusiasm and energy that Rey had back in the day.

Cena
    Yeah, as much as I like people like Mistico, I prefer people like Aj Styles, Austin Aries and Bryan Danielson. Not only have they high flying ability, their certainly not week and can lift many men. Hopefully with this TV deal ROH won't become what TNA is starting to become ad what WWE is.

Anyway, let's not get off topic. I choose Triple H because if it meant him dying and not getting recognition from WWE, I would be willing to cut all 8 of my fingers off.

• Advertisement

Taker
    Does Micheal Cole count as a sports entertainer? He does my nut in.

Cena
    Does Micheal Cole count as a sports entertainer? He does my nut in.

Maybe not a "sports entertainer", but perhaps and "entertainer". ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I met Cole in Orlando last year, what an utter cockbag, he was whinging to Kerwin Selfies (top bloke btw, guy with grey hair, beard and glasses always crops up on the dvds,had a great chat with him) that he didnt get to call enough matches on the Mania 24 card (as if the main event isnt enough)

Advertisement