Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Bull

• 07-05-2009 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi im an a diet and doing well. But now I have exams coming up. Im wondering how bad is red bull. I need an energy boost :(

Its only going to be for about 3 weeks after that i won't be having red bull:D

Comments

Don't diet during exams it will affect your performance.
    The thing about redbull and other caffinated things, is that I find they mess up my sleep habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

Cheers, Well to be honest I'm not really dieting just eating no junk food which i have been doing for the last few weeks. Don't want to mess up my hard work.

Would red bull be really that bad. I know its full of sugar but a can a day?? for 2 weeks??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Shelga

I'd go for the sugar free one if I were you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Why not go for a strong coffee instead? Will provide more caffeine, no calories, and if you felt you needed it, you could add a little sugar. Other energy boosts that work for me are things like Berocca. Well done on cutting out junk food though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Eating a few pieces of dried fruit is a healthy way to get a quick energy boost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭wannabepr

I was looking and the sugar free red bull is only 10 Calories:O:O

I hate coffee to be honest:( Surely 10 calories isn't bad. Here is the Nutrition information:D

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/red-bull/red-bull-sugar-free

Is it that bad??:D

wannabepr wrote: »
    I was looking and the sugar free red bull is only 10 Calories:O:O

I hate coffee to be honest:( Surely 10 calories isn't bad. Here is the Nutrition information:D

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/red-bull/red-bull-sugar-free

Is it that bad??:D

If your looking for energy I;d go for the sugar version.

Mix them with skittles and they'll be peeling you off the walls. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

I used to have diet coke all the time cos I was so wrecked when I was at college doing exams. I would say just be careful you dont get addicted, our ww leader told us that coke and diet coke which have caffeine in them as well are very addictive and you literally get the shakes if you cut back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Moonbaby wrote: »
    If your looking for energy I;d go for the sugar version.

Mix them with skittles and they'll be peeling you off the walls. :P
    After which your body will very quickly overload you with insulin to clean up the sugary mess you've made of your bloodstream. It will err on the side of caution (high bloodsugar is very undesirable) and overshoot its mark. Thus resulting in you having low blood sugar (i.e. you'll crash). The symptoms of which are lack of concentration, hunger, irritability, carb/sugar craving etc. Not the ideal study environment. Stick to the sugar free red bull if you really insist you need it.

Sincerely the best energy boost are regular good meals (with a source of protein in every one), good sleep, good hydration and no junk. I find I need, and do much better with 9-10 hours of sleep when studying. Normally I'm fine with 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Shelga wrote: »
    I'd go for the sugar free one if I were you...

Was this not taken off the market ??? :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement