Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident Advisor Podcasts

• 07-05-2009 8:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Been out of the loop on the Dance scene for a few years (after MUZIK Mag went bust ,,have all of them). Well have some how just found out about Resident Advisor Podcasts. Lovin the new one RA.153 by "Intrusion" great DUB Techno mix , me being a big Basic Channel fan.

Well what have I missed out on , what are the Archive Podcasts to "Hunt" down ? out of the the now 153.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-archive.aspx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

appleblim's one from last summer was deadly bizzle - http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=110

pole's one is an essential listen for a basic channel / rhythm and sound fan http://www.residentadvisor.net/podcast-episode.aspx?id=91

check out bodytonicmusic.com for the bodytonic podcasts - they have some seriously good stuff and they're a lot more diverse than the yawnily-similar RA ones, despite still keeping the celebrity factor there (ben klock, marcel dettman etc)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Looks a good few nice ones there alright, the Black Dog one is also available on their website to download along with several others...

http://www.theblackdogma.com/tbd/?cat=11

Oh and lots of great mixes at the following link, several dub techno also...

http://sound.modelfruit.com/

Must wade my way through those podcasts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Thanks [cm]tyranny !

Got the POLE one !

I will try the Bodytonic ones Thanks a Mill

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Zascar wrote: »

Cheers man ...thats going to keep my Headphones workin !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

a vgreat site!

Here's my latest piece for em;

http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=6107

PS -Zascar, how did u get all the podcasts like that? Very impressive!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just provided the link mate! Someone else did all the hard work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

if anyone hasn't seen the list of bodytonic podcasts, I implore you to do so.

Some absolute gems. I recommend the Speedy J one. Oh and the Ben Klock one (although it is fairly old).

jtsuited wrote: »
    if anyone hasn't seen the list of bodytonic podcasts, I implore you to do so.

Some absolute gems. I recommend the Speedy J one. Oh and the Ben Klock one (although it is fairly old).

Whats Speedy J at these days? - an absolute favourite of mine over the years but no idea what he's like now. Must check out that mix so... also for Ben Klock... even though its old, what are we talking, 6 or 7 months?! :D

Zascar wrote: »
    Actually I haven't listened to any of these yet just found the link, but if anyone has any recommendations for good ones please let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Anyone know of a good downloading app that will queue and D/L these if I just point it towards the directory URL? :D

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Whats Speedy J at these days? - an absolute favourite of mine over the years but no idea what he's like now. Must check out that mix so... also for Ben Klock... even though its old, what are we talking, 6 or 7 months?! :D

speedy j's running that electric deluxe label putting out his own stuff and his collabs (a lot with chris liebing).
    actually sent him a demo a while back and he gave great feedback.

the ben klock mix is from 2007 i think, and his sound has changed a lot since then (for the better imo). still a great mix though.

On the Pig and Dan one at the moment and its the business (RA002). Pissing me off now as it's a friday and I'm getting geared up to go out but everyone I know is in bloody college exams for the next week...

jtsuited wrote: »
    speedy j's running that electric deluxe label putting out his own stuff and his collabs (a lot with chris liebing).
    actually sent him a demo a while back and he gave great feedback.

the ben klock mix is from 2007 i think, and his sound has changed a lot since then (for the better imo). still a great mix though.

I must take a listen to his more recent stuff - he was part of what got me into electronic music in the first place all those years ago!

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I must take a listen to his more recent stuff - he was part of what got me into electronic music in the first place all those years ago!

well he's released some of the best records of the past 12 months imo, so definitely check him out.

Track wise, listen to 'Bootes', 'ELDX' , and 'Red Shift'. Getting huge play in clubs at the moment (well the nights I've been to).

jimi_t wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good downloading app that will queue and D/L these if I just point it towards the directory URL? :D

If using Firefox use "Flashgot" plugin ....it will select all the links for you ...as for download apps ...I use "Speed Download" http://www.yazsoft.com/ on my mac ,,,and use to use Netransport http://www.xi-soft.com/default.htm on the PC. (Both not free) .

Got all 10 GB's + of them last night thanks to 20MB link !

(The fact that they are podcasts and free I feel ok about it )

Get them while you can as the index maybe found on the web server when they see their out going bandwidth usage :D

Anyone know where there's a tracklisting of the sets? I'm dying to find out one fo the tunes in the Underworld set (47:50 onwards for the break) as well as a few other ones. Fourtet and Pig and Dans sets are well worth having a look at.

Cool I like Pig & Dan I'll have a listen to them!

jimi_t wrote: »
    Anyone know where there's a tracklisting of the sets? I'm dying to find out one fo the tunes in the Underworld set (47:50 onwards for the break) as well as a few other ones. Fourtet and Pig and Dans sets are well worth having a look at.

RA.080
    Underworld
    26th November 2007

Tracklist:
    01 Martin Buttrich - Hunted [Cocoon]
    02 Etienne Jaumet - Repeat Again After Me (Ame Remix) [Versatile]
    03 Marlon D - Jesus Creates Sound [Strictly Rhythm]
    04 David K - Three Arches [Tsuba]
    05 Underworld - Lenne Penne (Darren Price Remix) [Underworldlive]
    06 Underworld - Crocodile (Oliver Huntemann Remix) [Underworldlive]
    07 Pan Pot - Charly (Anja Remix)[Mobilee]
    08 Tiefschwarz - No More Trouble (Turntablerocker rmx)
    09 Darren Price - Shake That Higher
    10 Jim Peters - Lets Work
    11 Underworld - Beautiful Burnout (Pig and Dan Remix) [Underworldlive]
    12 Compuphonic & Kolombo - Emotion [Turbo]
    13 David K - Three Arches (Remix) [Tsuba]
    14 Butch - On the Line (Oxia rmx) [Great Stuff]
    15 Underworld - Beautiful Burnout - (Mark Knight Remix) [Underworldlive]

DominoDub wrote: »
    RA.080
    Underworld
    26th November 2007

Tracklist:
    01 Martin Buttrich - Hunted [Cocoon]
    02 Etienne Jaumet - Repeat Again After Me (Ame Remix) [Versatile]
    03 Marlon D - Jesus Creates Sound [Strictly Rhythm]
    04 David K - Three Arches [Tsuba]
    05 Underworld - Lenne Penne (Darren Price Remix) [Underworldlive]
    06 Underworld - Crocodile (Oliver Huntemann Remix) [Underworldlive]
    07 Pan Pot - Charly (Anja Remix)[Mobilee]
    08 Tiefschwarz - No More Trouble (Turntablerocker rmx)
    09 Darren Price - Shake That Higher
    10 Jim Peters - Lets Work
    11 Underworld - Beautiful Burnout (Pig and Dan Remix) [Underworldlive]
    12 Compuphonic & Kolombo - Emotion [Turbo]
    13 David K - Three Arches (Remix) [Tsuba]
    14 Butch - On the Line (Oxia rmx) [Great Stuff]
    15 Underworld - Beautiful Burnout - (Mark Knight Remix) [Underworldlive]

Nice, Compuphonic ''Emotion'' was what I was looking for. Don't suppose there's a site with all the tracklistings knocking about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Any1 here actually a member on RA? I'd be keen to hear from ya if ya are.....

Advertisement